Flowers
Options

Orchids

Have any of you ladies ordered orchids on-line? 

My daughter is getting married in June of this year.  She has hired a florist for all flowers for bridal party and 20 tables.  She is getting married outdoors (praying for great weather) at a beautiful location with ponds, waterfalls and fountains.  Originally she wasn't going to use flowers at the "altar" since surrounding was so lovely.

She has now decided her "vision" would be three tall cylinders of different heights on both sides, where they will be saying their vows.  Her idea was to fill cylinders with orchids.  She probably will skip the flowers, due to yet another expense.

Have any of you ladies ordered orchids on line, as if so, which website have you used?  Trying to surprise her with these arrangements by doing them myself. 

Re: Orchids

• Options
    Are you looking for real orchids or fake ones? If you're looking for real ones, you can usually buy potted phalaeonopsis at most home improvement or grocery stores at that time of year. They usually only run about $10 per plant. 

I don't have any suggestions for online sites for real ones, but I bought a gorgeous stem of fake orchids at Jo-Ann Fabrics. I think it was around $8.
  • Options

Looking for real orchids, that would be her preference.  I'll also take a look at Jo-Ann Fabrics.  They always have 50 percent coupons, and also honor Michaels and AC Moore coupons, so definitely worth a look.

• Options
    Try http://www.fiftyflowers.com/  They sell wholesale flowers in bulk and I believe they deliver.  I am looking to use them for my own wedding.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards