Wisconsin

Managing a Budget

Is a $5,000 budget realistic for a venue, food, and beverage for 100 guest?  Any recommendations for venues?

Re: Managing a Budget

• Is a $5,000 budget realistic for a venue, food, and beverage for 100 guest?  Any recommendations for venues?
    @samantha9987

My first instinct would be to say no. BUT I suppose if you do a lot / mostly DIY projects, it MIGHT be do-able. We're having about 150 - 160 guests and our budget is approximately $10,000 for everything,

As for venue recommendations, where are you looking to get married? What city?
  • It would definitely be difficult to accomplish. It depends where you decide to have the wedding. What part of Wisconsin are you in?
  • We live in Waukesha County.  We've looked at county clubs and now we are looking at a pavilion/building in waukesha at Frame park.
  • I would be completely shocked if you could afford to use a country club on that budget. Even if they aren't expensive to rent, they often have very high food/beverage minimums. 
  • That what we are find is hard right now.
  • It really depends on what kind of food and beverages you plan to provide for your guests.  From what I've found, most Milwaukee area caterers run $30-50 per plate for their lowest priced dinners.  The average cost for a beer+wine package is about $18/person for the first hour, which would likely eat up the rest of your budget.  I would recommend looking into park facilities or community building which will have a lower rental fee, and try to find something that lets you bring in your own alcohol.  You could buy kegs, cases of wine, etc for much cheaper and work with your caterer or find friends of friends to help bartend. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards