Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Pretty sure I proposed to myself!

My boyfriend has had the ring in our apartment for almost two years. And this past Sunday he took me and our dog to this pub, and let me drink more than I should.  On our way home (after a stop) from the liquor store I kept taking about how I can't wait to be married to him and spent the rest of my life with him.  After we got home I found the ring put it on and asked him to marry me.  He told me that isn't how it is supposed to go.  After a potty break and opening beers for us he asks me (his time for real). 

Our engagement was alcohol filled and simple, just like us!
August 9, 2015

Re: Pretty sure I proposed to myself!

• Options
    I'm a little concerned that you would describe yourselves as "alcohol filled" like it's a positive character trait, but congrats and happy planning! 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I am with Addie. Your fi "let you drink too much?" Why cant you monitor your own alcohol consumption? It sounds like alcholo was the focal of your engagement to marriage.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think it's super cute! I'm not sure why the others are reading so much into it. No need to be so cynical. Congrats!
  • Options
    Did he say "alrighty"?

I couldn't resist an S&TC reference based on the thread title :) congrats on the engagement!

• Options
    He's had the ring for 2 years and hasn't proposed yet? When FI had the ring he could barely wait the 3 days to propose. I feel like something isn't adding up here. But if it is Congrats!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards