Destination Weddings Discussions

Renting beach houses for intimate wedding

I am looking into renting out a few beaches houses on Tybee Island in Georgia for my wedding. It's going to be a very small, intimate affair with my immediate family, small wedding party, and less than 10 guests. We plan to have the wedding on the beach and since it's low key I would especially like to have it right outside one of the houses. I am looking to rent at least 5 houses that are fairly close to each other, preferably on the same street and beachfront. I'm not quite sure how to go start looking for something like this since I know most beach houses are rented out by individual owners. If anyone has done this before I would greatly appreciate your advice. 

Re: Renting beach houses for intimate wedding

• It's just a matter of trawling for exactly what you are after. I spent a good 3 months looking on the internet for the perfect option. I wanted a backyard wedding but my childhood lake house can't be used at the moment, so I had to find another house to rent. Which is a brilliant idea because usually a lot less than wedding venues, plus you get accommodation.  

I used luxury rental companies like:

Otherwise I often work on location fashion shoots where the house has just been found on Air BnB type websites.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards