Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Wedding Guest Dress: What do you think?

I am going to a very elegant wedding in June. I am starting to shop around because I have a lot going on this summer, it’s my best friend’s wedding and I am so excited, and also because it is a far drive for us to get there so I am preparing now.  She said I can either do a long or short dress since we were talking about attire and she hadn’t mailed out her invites yet.

I really love this dress…but I am not sure if I should order it because the reviews said it was poor quality in person…but some (not a lot) of reviews gave it 5 stars.  Should I order and see if I think it is ?  I can always return.  Or does it look not worth it? They have black, purple, red, and sapphire. Not sure if I would get the black..her bridesmaids are in black and also I wear black ALL.THE.TIME  Thank you!

Re: Wedding Guest Dress: What do you think?

• Options
    If you can return with no penalty, why not? But I generally find if there are a lot of reviews saying it's not good, it tends to not be good.

Anniversary
  • Options
    was the website you found it on a ligit website and not a china knockoff dress looks stunning but i find if you buy a dress online you are risking it wont look good.

would you be willing to go to a department store like macys and try on dresses they have huge sales and i was in there the other day and they had a lot of nice fancy dresses on Clarence
  • Options
    Hi and thanks. Yes I am going to Macy's first before I buy this online.  I found this dress on Amazon.
  • Options
    I think it is a nice dress, but when someone mentions poor quality in the reviews, that sets off alarm bells for me. I know reviews are often mixed, with different fits and what people were expecting, but chances are if a few people have mentioned poor quality, it could be cheap fabric or cheaply made, which means it is likely to tear or does't wash well (meaning it is just a throw away dress that you only wear once).
  • Options
    I think that would be a beautiful dress for a June wedding that is more on the fancy side. However, be way of the quality. Generally, reviews are spot on. If there are a lot of people saying that the quality is poor, it probably is. However, if you can order it and return it without penalty, go for it. It may be good enough quality for one evening here and there!

• Options
    The dress is very cute, one thing to keep in mind though is the ceremony/reception indoors or outdoors. The reason I ask if it's outdoors and in June, I'm wondering if satin might not be a little uncomfortable in the heat compared to a fabric that might be a little little like a chiffon dress.
  • Options
    atlastmrsgatlastmrsg member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    I think you can do better.  If this wedding means a lot to you, you deserve to feel fabulous.  If other reviews say the fabric is cheap, it likely is.  And the ruching across the middle could add bulk to your midsection. 
  • Options
    I really like the blue color, but I would also go to an actual store to try on dresses rather than order online. You never know, if you print off the pic and bring it along, someone may be able to show you a similar look.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards