Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Ceremony Readings

Hi everyone! I'm just wondering what are good readings for a grandmother? We are very close and I'd like to ask her to speak at the wedding. Is there specifics on how many people have to speak? I'm clueless to this part of wedding planning. Thanks! :) 

Re: Ceremony Readings

• There is a difference between reading a selected passage and extemporaneous speaking.  Which do you mean?  And is this for your ceremony or reception?
  • It's for the ceremony. I'd like to ask her if she would do a reading. Do I let her pick what she wants?
  • If she is religious, she may be flattered that you asked her to select her favorite or most meaningful passage.  However, if she selects a reading you don't particularly care for, you may find yourself in an awkward position.

I would suggest you ask your liturgical minister for their suggestions, as they will have many.  You can weed through those and select a few you find appropriate for you and your FI.  Perhaps from that list you can ask your grandmother if she would like to choose from that selection.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards