Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

When do I give the shower hostess a gift?

Good morning, Knotties!  

I am fortunate enough that FMIL's friends are hosting a bridal shower for me next month (at one of the hostess' home).  I would like to give each of the three hostesses a gift certificate to their favorite salon/spa and a little assortment of macarons.  What I'm struggling with is figuring out the proper time to give them their gifts.  I've come up with a few different scenarios and would love to hear all of your opinions on which is the best.

1. Bring the macarons and gift certificates in gift wrapped bags or boxes and give them to each hostess before or after the shower.  Include thank you notes.

2. Bring the macarons/gift certs to give before or after.  Mail thank you notes the next day.

3. Bring the macarons and mail the gift certs with the thank you notes.

4. Bring nothing to the shower and mail everything afterward.

I realize I might be overthinking this, but I want to do what's proper!  I feel strange writing a thank you note before the shower (I wouldn't be able to include details, and I've only met one of the hostesses), but I also don't know if it's ok to show up empty-handed or to bring a gift without a note.  Help me, please!

Re: When do I give the shower hostess a gift?

• Options
    JustNicki said:
    Good morning, Knotties!  

I am fortunate enough that FMIL's friends are hosting a bridal shower for me next month (at one of the hostess' home).  I would like to give each of the three hostesses a gift certificate to their favorite salon/spa and a little assortment of macarons.  What I'm struggling with is figuring out the proper time to give them their gifts.  I've come up with a few different scenarios and would love to hear all of your opinions on which is the best.

1. Bring the macarons and gift certificates in gift wrapped bags or boxes and give them to each hostess before or after the shower.  Include thank you notes.

2. Bring the macarons/gift certs to give before or after.  Mail thank you notes the next day.

3. Bring the macarons and mail the gift certs with the thank you notes.

4. Bring nothing to the shower and mail everything afterward.

I realize I might be overthinking this, but I want to do what's proper!  I feel strange writing a thank you note before the shower (I wouldn't be able to include details, and I've only met one of the hostesses), but I also don't know if it's ok to show up empty-handed or to bring a gift without a note.  Help me, please!

I would bring the macarons/gift certificates with you to the shower and give them to them either before or after, then write and mail thank-you notes the next day so you can detail in the thank-you note how lovely the shower was and how much you appreciate it. 

So, I'd pick option 2.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    I'd go with option two.
  • Options
    Option 2 is what I did. I arrived a little early to the shower to give them their gifts. I will be writing the thank you expressing how appreciative I am both for their hosting and the gifts they gave.
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies! Option 2 it is! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards