Wedding Etiquette Forum

Inviting Co-Workers and Asking for Addresses

I work at a Community College and I am wanting to invite a few of my co-workers.  We aren't very close, many of them are extremely private people, and it doesn't feel appropriate to ask them for their addresses.  Would it be completely wrong for me to send the invitations to their work addresses?

Re: Inviting Co-Workers and Asking for Addresses

• Are you not inviting all of your co-workers? I see this being an awkward situation if some of your co-workers receive the invitation at work, and open it in front of others who aren't invited. It opens it up for them to talk about it in front of uninvited people too. I would avoid this.
  • Hmm, seems odd to invite them if you're not even comfortable talking to them. Maybe rethink that.

I just directly asked my coworkers for their addresses, if I didn't already have them.
  • I privately sent individual emails to the coworkers I wanted to invite asking for their addresses.
  • Yeah, if you don't feel comfortable enough asking these people for addresses, you really shouldn't be inviting them. Especially if you say you "aren't very close". Wedding guests should be people that you actually care about. If you really MUST invite them, send them e-mail or something asking for addresses.

Like jules3964 said, it could be very awkward for these people to open invites in front of people that weren't invited... much more awkward than having to ask for an address. 

• I work at a Community College and I am wanting to invite a few of my co-workers.  We aren't very close, many of them are extremely private people, and it doesn't feel appropriate to ask them for their addresses.  Would it be completely wrong for me to send the invitations to their work addresses?
    If you aren't very close to these people, why do you want to invite them or think they'll accept your invitation?
  • Ditto everyone else. If you are not close, don't invite them. I'm inviting some co workers, but I hang out with these people outside of work.

It doesn't make any sense to invite them to your WEDDING if you don't even feel comfortable asking them for their address.

• Yeah, that seems odd not to be close enough to ask for addresses but close enough to invite them to your wedding.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards