March 2015 Weddings

Out of town bridesmaids

Do any of you have any bridesmaids that live out of town? Two of my bridesmaids (7 total) live out of town. My best friend is about 4 hours away and my future sister in law is 10 hours away. I am trying to think of ways to make them feel involved and part of the wedding even though they do not live close. They have both been so supportive and wonderful so far but I want to make sure they don't get left out of decisions by the others ( not intentionally, everyone is great). There are only a few times in the next year I will even be able to have everyone together-a few days in June, thanksgiving,and Christmas time. Not complaining here, Just looking for a little insight...Thanks!

Re: Out of town bridesmaids

• misspai66misspai66 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2014
    Well, I have two that are semi out of town. My one is about 2hrs away and the other is about 45 minutes away. Which isn't much but she's younger and doesn't drive. The bigger problem I'm having is that three of my 4 really know each other. We've all hung out together before and then the other is my younger cousin who is 18. I was worried about having her left out so what I did was start a Facebook chat with all of us in it! We talk about the wedding and other stuff and all the girls added her as a friend, too! I know it's not much but it helps me knowing that she's at least involved in the convo!
  • @misspai66 thanks! Starting a facebook chat or email would be a great way to get everyone talking. I will have to try that!
  • It's been super fun chatting with all of my girls at the same time! We've talked about wedding stuff and just goof off as well! Yesterday we talked about bridesmaid dresses which was super fun! Hope it works for you, too!
  • Myself and my four people all live in different states. The facebook chat might work, or it could be adapted to an email chain or gchat, since our schedules are all different. I hadn't thought of that yet, so I'll see what they think.

I plan to use a national chain for attire. I'll pick a fabric and color, then each person can visit and order something which fits individual style and body type.
    I'm also hoping to do something like an experience together the day before or in the morning or early afternoon the day of the rehearsal. That's likely to be the only time we'll all be in the same state, but I thought it'd be nice to do a little hanging out before they all spend the day together for the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's hard.  My sister lives in the US and my best friend in the UK.  I live in NZ.  So we will be on skype a lot.
  • I am having a destination wedding and one of my bridesmaids lives 10 hours away.  There isn't a lot you can do when they are not there.  I feel bad because she wont be in town for the rehearsal.
  • All of my bridesmaids (all my sisters and my finance's sister) and my mother live out of town. I created a private Facebook group as a way to connect us all and make them feel involved. Facebook groups have polling options so they have voted on flowers, flower girl dresses, etc. I share pictures and have scheduled our dress shopping day through a group event. Everyone has given me really positive feedback about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards