Wedding Reception Forum

Chairs

These are the chairs that we are planning to rent for our ceremony/reception (at the same location).  We will of course have a chair for every guest. Has anyone used these or similar for their reception and did you get any complaint?  Without the full back support, I worry that older guests may be in for a rough night.  The preferred rental company of our venue only offers these chairs or chiavari chairs (too spendy - and prob not much more comfortable) Just wondered if anyone had any wisdom to share before I look to find another company that rents a more standard banquet chair.

Re: Chairs

• I think you may be better off asking an older family member if they would be comfortable in a chair like this for the whole night... I would imagine most guests would be too polite to complain about chairs so other brides may not have any feedback to relay. Personally I think those look a lot better than the standard wooden folding chairs with no cushion, but I don't have back problems so my opinion shouldn't count for much. :) 

• We had chairs like that. I don't believe any older guests had issues with them because of the lack of a full back to them. But then again a lot of our old old guests are kind of slumped over anyway so they really didn't lean back into the chair very much.

• We had those chairs as well. I didn't hear any complaints. I actually have chronic pain and back problems, and I thought they were really comfy.
  • I've had used similar chairs working in an event center.  They are actually fairly comfortable.  I would be more worried about making sure that all chairs have been inspected by the rental facility.  I have seen more accidents and injuries take place from unsecured cushions and people falling than I have seem people uncomfortable from sitting. 
  • Thanks so much for the feedback! I think we will go with them but will absolutely make sure they don't have any damages or defects (thanks @syanke). Luckily there are a few lounge-type couches around one side of the reception room so after dinner if someone was truly uncomfortable they could move over to another type of seating.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards