Ohio-Cleveland

Affordable Florals

A friend referred me to Affordable Florals. I have a really small flower budget and was going to do them myself, but they said they can do it for the price I wanted. The catch is that while I can pick the color (white) I won't get a say on the flowers, to keep costs down they will be 'growers choice'. I was assured they won't be chintzy or full of daisies, and I saw some of their work while I was there and it was really pretty. Still, I'm kind of nervous. Has anyone here used them? Or done 'growers choice' (esp for a Sept wedding)?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Affordable Florals

• mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    What was their quote and for how many flowers? I'd never agree to this sort of thing. I used Roses for Weddings. Ety was wonderful to work with and her prices are outrageously low. And no, you don't have to use roses. www.rosesforweddings.com
  • I haven't used them, but I am letting my florist use her best judgement on what flowers she puts in my arrangements. She knows what she's doing and what will look good. We went over some color choices and I was a little more specific with my bouquet, but she will handle everything else. I often call a florist for funeral arrangements and I just give them a price and ask them to put together something. Since I'm not specific about it we generally end up with something way nicer than if I had gone to their shop and picked out something specific. It gives them a lot more flexibility and creativity if you let them make the flower choices.
  • tammym1001tammym1001 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2014
    I would ask them though if they can give you an idea of the types of flowers that would be available that time of year so you at least know kind of what to expect. For example, my florist mentioned hydrangea, peonies, orchids and roses for my May wedding. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards