June 2014 Weddings

How to decide on color of uplighting and linens

Question for you girls. What color of uplighting and linens should I go with? My bridesmaids dresses are a light tiffiny/aqua blue and my flowers are various shades of purplish/pink and cream. My florist suggested using purple uplighting( like flowers) and creams/whites for linens. I was initially thinking of doing creams/whites for tablecloths but having chair bows and napkins blue( to match dresses). Thoughts? Oh and my wedding is June 7th.

Re: How to decide on color of uplighting and linens

• I like white/cream for the linens. I say match the fabrics(blue) and have the lighting match the fabrics also.  Although I think any of those combos will look pretty.

Anniversary

• I agree with the previous post. I think the blue would look really great since it matches the dresses, but any combination of those are great. For the uplighting I think you should base it off of what kind of mood you want to set. If you want a slightly more relaxed uplighting, then I'd go with the purple, if you want something that stands out a little more, go with the blue, or maybe even match the pink in the flowers instead of the purple. Either way, it sounds like it'll look great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards