Favors

Favor idea tacky or favor idea sentimental?

edited April 2014 in Favors

SO, My bright idea for favors since we are planning an outdoor backyard wedding , was to do koozies and those presssssh mason jars with handles. So people could choose to use their favor throughout the night or just bring it home with them . (im planning one of each for each guest)- There are all sorts of options for the koozies and mason jars as far as personalization goes. At first I was like heck yeah slap a cute little clipart picture on there with our names and date of marriage underneath. But now as I ponder it more, is the whole personalization thing a bit much/tacky? Would guests more than likely prefer their favors with just a cute little clip art piece ? Im leaning more towards less personalization the better. Please help and let me know what you think/would prefer.! Thank you! 

Re: Favor idea tacky or favor idea sentimental?

• If I got a mason jar that was personalized I would take it only so that I didn't hurt your feelings but then it would end up either in the trash or in the top cupboard never to be seen again.

• Thats what im starting to figure. Also learning that people don't even really LIKE mason jars OR koozies as favors in the first place! AYE!  
  • Thats what im starting to figure. Also learning that people don't even really LIKE mason jars OR koozies as favors in the first place! AYE!  
    Typically the best favors that are most liked are edible favors.

When you start getting into items like mason jars, koozies and other trinkets people really don't know what to do with them and either leave them behind or take them home and toss them.

• I would go with an edible favor as well.  I have an assortment of koozies, brought them out for a BBQ, where it was 100 degrees outside and people still didn't use the koozies!  Our favors were chocolate covered pretzel rods.  We did them ourselves the week before the wedding and they were a big hit.
  • There are few things I hate worse than koozies. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Another vote for edible.  I like to keep my house free of clutter and knick knacks, so we wouldn't take one random glass or a koozie home.  And we definitely wouldn't take anything home if it was personalized with your name and/or wedding date!
  • I wouldn't take either favor.  H would bring home a beer cozy because he doesn't really care what it says, as long as his beer is cold.
  • I honestly love both. My fiancé and I collect cozies everywhere we go and keep a stash for when we have company over for cookouts/camping. I actually think the mason jars with handles are super cute too-got each of my bridesmaids a personalized one for the head table at our wedding.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards