Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Kitty Chen Gowns

Today I tried on these two gowns by designer Kitty Chen;

I really loved both of them, but the sample of one of them fit me almost PERFECTLY, while samples are usually a bit small and tend not to go down over my hips/bum the way a properly fitted dress would so it is more difficult to picture how the dress would look if its silhouette could fall properly. I feel like I'm biased towards one dress simply because the sample fit me better. I would love to hear opinions based solely on the dresses alone. Thoughts? Which one do you like better? How come? 

P.S. We are having a summer wedding at a local upscale country club. Outdoor ceremony/indoor reception.

ETA: Paragraphs and pictures

Re: Kitty Chen Gowns

• Options
    Just remember that samples can get stretched out, so even though it fit like a glove, they may suggest you order a size up (or two). Do you have any pics of you in the dresses?
  • Options
    I would have to see you in the dresses to say which looked better on you.  But PP is right that samples can get stretched after being tried on so many times.  Also, they should measure you and go by the largest measurement then alter it as needed.  For example, if you are measured as a bust size 6, waist size 6, and hips size 8, you would order the size 8 and the dress would be taken in.
  • Options
    Also, just from looking at the dresses on the models, I like the sweetheart of dress #1 but I prefer the skirt of dress #2.  
  • Options
    Pics of me in dresses.....my sister took pic of the first one, she didnt get the best angle to show the full look, but you can pretty much see how it looks from the front.
  • Options
    Sorry the images are so small, they are from my phone and I don't know how to make them larger. I know what size I would need to order (bigger than the sample that 'fits'). Also I would get the second one altered to a more sweetheart type neckline, and instead of the belt I would get the jeweled applique the model is wearing on the bust.

The reason I like that one so much is because it is rare for me to find a sample that can fit on me properly to begin with (and go over my bum/hips) because I'm looking for a fitted silhouette with a drop-waist/A-line skirt. But I know that no matter which dress I choose it will 'fit' because the right size will be ordered, so I don't want to fall in love with a dress just because the sample fits and other samples don't.
  • Options
    I like dress two. I think if you modify it to a sweetheart it will be even better!
  • Options
    I really like Dress 2 - Dress 1 looks like there's rather busy.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Dress 2 looks awesome on you!
  • Options
    Thx so much for the input ladies!! I definitely agree and felt great in that dress :)
  • Options
    Another vote for dress #2!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards