Chit Chat

Waah

I'm all groggy from taking Advil PM before bed last night.  Somebody call the wambulance.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Waah

• I had a benadryl hangover yesterday morning. Not fun. 
  • I seriously feel like I could fall asleep at my desk.  

I made a mistake lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have a sinus infection, but I can't take anything for it (I get them frequently enough that I no longer take antibiotics for them because I would just be constantly on antibiotics). Even the daytime decongestant stuff that says it's non-drowsy puts me right to sleep. I feel like someone shoved an elephant into my head. Ugh.

~*~*~*~*~

• Aw.

I think all of you guys need some Vicks balm.  The peppermint will wake up Grumbledore and the menthol will help Cookie's sinuses.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• I hate that! Have you tried some coffee?
  • I hate that!

I'm a fan of coffee and singing along to loud, bad music in situations like these!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm too tired to go downstairs and get a cup of free coffee.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have a raging headache brought on by the crazy weather fluctuations lately. I still have this stupid zit/wound/thing on my face that's large enough to need its own damn zip code. I am tired and cranky.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • I mustered enough energy to fill my water bottle in the supply closet, let's see if I can flush this medicine from my system.  I've been feeling chronically dehydrated since I was sick last week no matter how much I drink.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @HisGirlFriday13, is it a popped zit or something else? I get some weird pimples and stuff on my face because I'm on the phone so much. I found that putting Neosporin on the spots before I go to bed at night helps them heal really fast. I've even done it on pimples that were starting to develop and it helped to reduce the redness and healing time.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• @HisGirlFriday13, is it a popped zit or something else? I get some weird pimples and stuff on my face because I'm on the phone so much. I found that putting Neosporin on the spots before I go to bed at night helps them heal really fast. I've even done it on pimples that were starting to develop and it helped to reduce the redness and healing time.
    Yeah, it basically is. It's a zit that kind of popped, but then bled in between two layers of skin and got all scaly and nasty and shit. I've been putting A&D ointment, Neosporin, and antibiotic ointment on it all week, which has been helping, and it's going down, it just sucks.
    Anniversary

Yeah, it basically is. It's a zit that kind of popped, but then bled in between two layers of skin and got all scaly and nasty and shit. I've been putting A&D ointment, Neosporin, and antibiotic ointment on it all week, which has been helping, and it's going down, it just sucks.
    Ughhhhh those are the worst. I think some Irish coffee would help everyone right now. Come on over to Detroit, I'm buying! :-p

• OMFG, my husband would love you, @Lolo8383. He freaking LOVES Detroit, and is trying to convince me that when we go on our trip in October (from Central PA to Canada), we should come home via Detroit.
    Anniversary

• Mmm... Irish coffee... *wants*
    ~*~*~*~*~

• @hisgirlfriday13 you totally should!! Playoff baseball, the new HopCat (craft beer bar) will be open in Midtown, the weather will still be nice enough to ride the old fashioned train at Greenfield Village, and on Fridays there's live music, art workshops, and drawing in the galleries at the Detroit Institute of Arts, the Belle Isle renovations should have made a lot of progress, and Eastern Market should be in full swing, the extension of the Dequindre Cut (greenway following an old railroad line that goes along the riverfront and links to Eastern Market) should be completed, and you can rent bikes, and... and... and... lots to do! :) 

Try tea tree oil. It's great for blemishes! 
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    I thought I was the only one who still had those!  You can buy a tube of acne cream with benzoyl peroxide to help.  It works best if you use at as soon as you feel the hard bump.  My sympathies.
    Try Exedrin for the headache.  I had killer headaches while I was on chemo.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:
    I thought I was the only one who still had those!  You can buy a tube of acne cream with benzoyl peroxide to help.  It works best if you use at as soon as you feel the hard bump.  My sympathies.
    Try Excedrin for the headache. 

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I have a sinus infection, but I can't take anything for it (I get them frequently enough that I no longer take antibiotics for them because I would just be constantly on antibiotics). Even the daytime decongestant stuff that says it's non-drowsy puts me right to sleep. I feel like someone shoved an elephant into my head. Ugh.

You probably have already heard this, but have you tried Neti-pots/sinus rinse stuff? My mom had a lot of issues with sinus infections and it's definitely helped her at least some.

Also I have been exhausted all week for no reason, fallen asleep twice mid-day and then waking up early wide awake, which lasts about 2 hours. It's driving me crazy, and I don't drink coffee so I'm out of luck :(
  • CMGragain said:

Try Exedrin for the headache.  I had killer headaches while I was on chemo.

Sadly, I am allergic to benzoyl peroxide. If I use it, I break out in hives.

It would have to be a HORRIBLE zit for me to risk the hives (which I can control with benadryl).
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards