Just Engaged and Proposals

Same date

Just found out that fiancé cousin is getting married same month as us. We have our venue, etc booked. The wedding is 10/10/15 how soon can we send an engagement notice. We never did one as we wanted to wait till it got closer. Help, what to do?

Re: Same date

• I'm confused. Do you mean a Save The Date? Is your FI's cousin getting married the same day or the same month?
  • Getting married the same month is not a huge deal. Yes, some family members may not be able to make it to both weddings, but that's the way it goes. Just plan your wedding.

"Engagement notices" aren't going to help anyone know your wedding date...and I imagine between family dynamics and social media, most people know you're engaged by now. 

Formal Save the Dates, you should hold off until this fall to send. Feel free to send an email to your VIPs though.
  • cmperry17 said:
    Just found out that fiancé cousin is getting married same month as us. We have our venue, etc booked. The wedding is 10/10/15 how soon can we send an engagement notice. We never did one as we wanted to wait till it got closer. Help, what to do?

You get one date, and your cousin gets one day. . . . so 2 weddings in the same month should not be earth shattering.

With that being said, I did send out my Save the Dates a few weeks earlier than I originally planned to when I learned that a close friend with a lot of family overlap was getting married the Friday after I did.  It was such a bratty thing to do, but made me feel better about the close weddings.

I was think a year to 9 months before the wedding would be an acceptable time for Save the Dates.  Unless I'm incorrect, an engagement notice wouldn't have wedding details like a date or location on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards