Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Veil and hair comb? What to do? PIP

I can't believe I'm asking probably an obvious question, but here goes.

I want to wear a veil for my ceremony but not for the reception because I don't want to hug someone and have my head pulled back!

I'm planning on wearing my hair like this:

Not with the pouf though. Would it be a big PITA if I just took the comb with the veil out of after the ceremony and put a decorative comb in after? Or should I just leave it alone? Are there any other options for veils other than a comb?

This is the comb I was thinking about wearing after the ceremony:

Kisses Romance Swarovski Crystal Rhinestone Wedding Bridal Dress Belt Sash Buckle Hair Comb

Here is a pic of the dress I purchased:

Also any suggestions on veil length? I only want one tier but I'm debating between fingertip and elbow length.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
image 36 Yes
image 2 No
image 21 Unknown

Re: Veil and hair comb? What to do? PIP

• Options
    I'd go with elbow length but only because from the looks of it- the veil would match the dress pretty closely and you might "lose" the bottom of the veil in the dress. 

As far as the hair comb, I have no idea. LOL. I'm not good at hair. My best friend is a hairstylist so for my 1st wedding she helped with the removal of the veil and all that jazz.
  • Options

Okay, so elbow length for veil, thanks ladies!

I think I'll be okay switching out the hair combs, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't too much of a PITA thing to do.

Thanks again!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options

I just wanted to add my vote for elbow length! 

Also with the veil and comb debate, as long as the comb itsn't pinned and/or tied too much into your hair, you should be fine.  If you are having a hair trial I would bring the veil and comb along and have her style it and then try to switch between the two.  If you don't have a trail, see if your stylist can get your hair done a little earlier and try to switch and switch back on the morning of just to be sure.

• Options
    I'm doing the same thing! My hair is going to be half up and I want something pretty in it after I take my veil out. Can you link me to that clip? Its detailing is almost exactly the same as my belt!

Thanks!
  • Options
    I wore a veil and a hair comb - and took the veil out for the reception but left the comb in.  The veil was sort of just placed into my hair so that it could be pulled out without messing up too much, and then we just touched up the curls before I went into my reception.  I had the comb on the side.  I attached a few pics of my hair.  I have a lot more, but I just don't want to plaster my face all over this.  If you want to see them, let me know :)
  • Options
    LAM524LAM524 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    Switch to the comb! Im doing the same! Also, when I was looking for a veil, I was pricing them for 350.+ until I found a woman who makes them custom. I literally saved hundreds of dollars and got exactly the color/length/embellishments that I wanted!

I ordered a one tier, ivory shimmer/waltz length/cascading attached to a 4" metal comb with scattered crystals and rhinestones for $108.00!!! It is soooo perfect!!! She answered every single one of my questions and it took less then 3 weeks. Her website is amazing and very detailed and specific choices.

Check her out: Promise you will be sooooo happy and wont have to settle for less!!

http://www.occanseydesigns.com/

edited: for description

tinkerbell gif photo: Tinkerbell stuck in keyhole animated gif Peterpan2_coince9e.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards