Nevada-Las Vegas

Day of Coordinator

Is anyone using one of these? I feel pretty good about everything, and we probably don't need it, but I'd love to just have a person there to make sure the transition from our ceremony to reception goes smoothly and that everything is set up how I'd like it for our reception. Our catering/reception person that we're working with at our location is only so/so about responses and overall enthusiasm about all our details (which is totally my perception based on our emails, but hey, perception is reality, right?) and I don't want something to be overlooked since we only have a few special details we're adding in.

And, I don't want to spend a ton ($500 max). I just need a clone for a few hours! 

Re: Day of Coordinator

• We used scheme events and were really glad we did, but it would definitely be more than $500.  They dealt with our 10 or so vendors day-of to ensure everyone was where they needed to be and when, or delivering things when they needed to be, dealt with getting us to the venue separately, handled communications between vendors and us throughout the night, went back to our rooms a few times for things that were forgotten, etc.  Invaluable.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• I am using Culinary pro and they charge $40/hr, well thats what I signed on for last year. They have been really good so far. They are even taking my flowers the day before.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm with Faith at Faithfully Yours. She's $50 an hour with a 4 hour minimum. She's awesome!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i think our wedding coordinator will be there?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the tips, all!
  • I'm also debating one. We don't have much that needs to be taken care of, other than getting the caterers to the suite and setting up all of the liquor we purchase. However, I would hate to have to rely on a family member or friend to do this. 
  • shoebunnieshoebunnie member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2014
    @samintyre Faith is getting people and vendors to the room, passing out the cash payments and/or tips, running the music, and cutting the cake. She also has a copy if all of my vendors with their arrival times and phone numbers. Last week emailed 3 boxes of reception/welcome bag stuff to her and she is meeting us at Fit for a Bride to deliver them. We only have 9 people and most won't need assistance getting to the room but my stress level is greatly decreased knowing a pro will take cake of the vendors for us. So far this is the best money we have spent on the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I ended up hiring Faith. She's been great so far and I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
  • I should of hired a DOC! Oh well too late for that now lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • I had Lisa Wainscott through Culinary Pros for 12 hours on my day. She was absolutely fantastic. I will rave more in my reviews but definitely worth every cent. I was such a calm bride cos of her. My day ran so smoothly but I know she did a lot "behind the scenes".

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• KikiMiraKikiMira member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    What info did you have to send them Mo? I have them booked as well, but they havent asked me anything about my wedding day.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I sent Sari my full timeline with vendor contact info and notes for what I wanted/needed my coordinator to do. Lisa the coordinator called me when I got to Vegas to chat about the plan. I also made sure to start the coordinator 1hr before any other vendor so her and I could have a final catch up for any last minute changes etc and the handover. PM me your email and I can send you a copy of my master timeline.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• KikiMiraKikiMira member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    Oh that would be great! Thank you!

I've PM'd you. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards