Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Rehersal Dinner Menu

We're having our rehearsal dinner at a micro brewery and I'm looking for ideas on what to serve. I want something casual and that will go well with the wonderful craft beers that they'll be serving.

Re: Rehersal Dinner Menu

• I'm always a fan of pulled pork sandwiches. That's even what we had at our wedding! Pizza is a good option too. It's easy to make fancy if that's what you want.
  • What's on their menu?  Do you have to offer a limited menu for your RD or can your guests order from the full menu?  If you have ANY potentially picky eaters, I'd try to let them order from the full menu so they're most likely to get something they'll enjoy.

• Ven&Radio said:
    What's on their menu?  Do you have to offer a limited menu for your RD or can your guests order from the full menu?  If you have ANY potentially picky eaters, I'd try to let them order from the full menu so they're most likely to get something they'll enjoy.
    They are just a bewery with a tasting room, no food. We can cater in anything we want.
  • So you're limited to catering options? That changes things... I would think a taco or slider bar would be easy to get catered, or obviously barbecue, and all go well with beer. Are food trucks a "thing" in that area? I know some you can hire to come to you for an hour or whatever and let your guests get as much of whatever they want. Could be fun. I love "fancy" (wood fired) pizza but it doesn't travel well.

• Salty foods go great with beers typically unless you are having a fruit flavor beer, then something sweet to go with it.

• Ven&Radio said:
    What's on their menu?  Do you have to offer a limited menu for your RD or can your guests order from the full menu?  If you have ANY potentially picky eaters, I'd try to let them order from the full menu so they're most likely to get something they'll enjoy.
    They are just a bewery with a tasting room, no food. We can cater in anything we want.
    The venue may have some ideas on what would pair well with their beers.  Make sure you have drink options for people who don't like beer.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I love burgers & beer. 
  • I like the idea of the slider bar lolo suggested. Also, you could offer another option like an appetizer bar, mozzerella sticks, tater skins etc, which go well with beer. I also agree with mysticl in asking the venue if they have suggestions for what pairs well with their brews.
  • Do they have someone that you can talk to at the venue? I'm sure that they've had other private events, and they may have suggestions for food pairing items.

In general, I think anything greasy or salty is a good one. But they may be able to offer you unique suggestions that would pair especially well with their individual and unique beers.
  • Sliders, wings, tacos, pizza, or fish & chips would all be awesome. BBQ would be great too. Can you tell that I just love food?

A brewery and restaurant FI and I frequent serves these deep fried 'Mac 'n Cheese' balls. They are delicious and surprisingly filling! I've attached a photo to give you an idea of what they look like. They're sooooo goooood.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards