Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Destination Wedding!...for everyone else

So my fiance and I live in Colorado, while pretty much all of our guests live in OR, CA, and AR. I'm worried about accommodating for everyone's travel plans. Also how much notice should be given? I don't want to send invites too early (dates forgotten) and I don't want to send them too late (save for the travel expenses). Are there any special planning that should be done for this situation? Any advice? 

Re: Destination Wedding!...for everyone else

• Options
    I would suggest just sending save-the-dates as far in advance as you know (six-12 months before?) with a link to a website where you provide all of the details and then send the invites on a normal schedule of six to eight weeks before the wedding.  Good luck!
  • Options

I don't think you can ever send out Save the Dates too early. As soon as you know your plans I think it's appropriate to let your guests know as well so they have ample time to plan. We are sending out Save the Dates this May/June and our wedding isn't until September of 2015 so that's 15-16 in advance. We will have our wedding website listed with all of the travel information on it. We have actually already had close family and wedding party book their rooms and make deposits!

Actual invites probably won't be sent out until 8 weeks before the wedding. Good luck!

• Options
    So is April too late to send STDs? I wasn't really planning on doing STDs but maybe I should. The wedding is this September, I was considering sending the invites out at the 12 week/3 month mark which might seem early but for a DW i think that is appropriate so people can save & make travel arrangements. Granted its only a weekend get away really. FI & I & most of our family is from western PA, the wedding is at Ocean Isle Beach, NC about an 8-9 hours drive. Should I get STDs out ASAP or just wait til im ready to send invites?
  • Options
    Kieralynn said:
    So is April too late to send STDs? I wasn't really planning on doing STDs but maybe I should. The wedding is this September, I was considering sending the invites out at the 12 week/3 month mark which might seem early but for a DW i think that is appropriate so people can save & make travel arrangements. Granted its only a weekend get away really. FI & I & most of our family is from western PA, the wedding is at Ocean Isle Beach, NC about an 8-9 hours drive. Should I get STDs out ASAP or just wait til im ready to send invites?

Get STD's out ASAP.  It isn't just a matter of people saving and making travel arrangements, it is also a matter of being able to schedule vacation time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards