Wisconsin

Location Ideas

Ok, not for a wedding, but I figure that ladies here will have a good idea.

My b/f is turning 50 in December, and one of his close friends from out of state wants to throw him a surprise party so has recruited me to collaborate.  I'm all for it, though I don't know if we'll make the party as a whole the surprise, or just the fact that his friend will be in town.

The party will be Friday, Dec 17th and could be anywhere up to 125 guests.  We'd probably like to do a potluck type thing, or at least bring our own food in, and do some all-black decorating before hand. :)  The really tricky part will be budget since I just don't have a lot to spend.

At this point though I'm just stumped as to where to hold it that is a) cheap and b) allows outside food that isn't from a caterer.

Re: Location Ideas

• edited December 2011
    Where are you looking to have this?  MKE? 

I'd look into VFWs, Church Hall, or a function room at a hotel.  If it weren't in December, a park pavillion would have been my first recommendation. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Some of the parks have indoor options.  I'm pretty sure that Cooper Park has an indoor building.  Also, community halls are an option, depending on the situation with alcohol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • gerogejuliegerogejulie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try South Shore Pavilion in Milwaukee. It's beautiful and right on the lake. 
  • edited December 2011
    Ohh, VFW is a great idea.  Should have thought of that since I used to live right across the street from one, and the held concerts there regularly, so I know its available for rent.

Thanks folks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards