Moms and Maids

Crazy Bridesmaids!

I have 2 bridesmaids who are making me absolutely insane! One has been blowing off all my wedding events and the other keeps complaining to me about how much everything costs. I don't know how to approach either of them about how crazy they are making me without there being a huge blow out. Does anyone have any advice?

Re: Crazy Bridesmaids!

• I have 2 bridesmaids who are making me absolutely insane! One has been blowing off all my wedding events and the other keeps complaining to me about how much everything costs. I don't know how to approach either of them about how crazy they are making me without there being a huge blow out. Does anyone have any advice?

What wedding events are we talking about here? BMs don't have to do anything for your wedding besides buy the dress and show up on your wedding day sober and ready to smile for pictures. 

As for the one complaining about costs. What costs is she having to incur? The only thing that she has to spend money on is a dress. And the price of that dress should be discussed with all the BMs individually prior to the dress being picked. If you are requiring specific shoes or hair or makeup then you have to pay for that. It is fine to say "wear whatever black shoe you want" and to say "hey if you want to get your hair and/or makeup done it will be $X." But if you are requiring things then you need to shell out the bucks. Also, BMs do not have to put money towards any pre-wedding parties if they do not want to.

• I have 2 bridesmaids who are making me absolutely insane! One has been blowing off all my wedding events and the other keeps complaining to me about how much everything costs. I don't know how to approach either of them about how crazy they are making me without there being a huge blow out. Does anyone have any advice?

Short of the wedding -- and possibly a rehearsal if you're having one -- there are no wedding events, so she's blowing off nothing important, so let it go.

The one who is complaining about the costs of everything -- did you ask each girl, privately, before hand how much their budget was and pick a dress at or below the lowest point? If not, that's on you.

Also, they are ONLY required to buy the dress. Anything else you want -- specific shoes, pashminas, jewellery, etc. -- is on you to buy. You may say, 'Wear any closed-toed nude shoe you want,' and that's OK because it's general and they can pick anything they want. 

Also, you don't bring this up with them, because they're not doing anything wrong.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Who cares if she blows off the "wedding events"? If she doesn't want to go, why should she?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards