Wisconsin
Options

Wisconsion Dells 9-10-11

Hi ladies, I am from Minnesota and my fiance and I are interested in getting married in the dells area.  Seeing as we are from Minnesota we don't know much about the Area so i am looking to you ladies to help me.  Any ideas help.  Looking for wedding and reception ares.. not opposed to both in one place.  Also interested in good places to stay for friends and family!!  Also we are thinking about going out afterwards where are some good places to continue the fun?! Please let me know Thanks Katie

Re: Wisconsion Dells 9-10-11

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I personally haven't been to a wedding in the Dells but I do know someone who is getting married in the Dells in June, she is having her wedding at Chula Vista. She said that they gave her a really great price. The only thing that she is having problems with is finding a place for all the girls to get their hair and nails done, since no place in the Dells have more then two chairs. 
    HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Chula Vista Resort on Memorial Day weekend!!!  They have been absolutely amazing to work with!!  The price is reasonable and the banquet space is great!  We are having out ceremony there!  The ceremony site only seats 100 but for me that was perfect!  We are having about 175 at the reception.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister got married at Chula Vista in the Dells over 2 years ago and it was real nice. Everyone loved that it was all in one place and also that people didn't have to go far to put their kids to bed. My sister loved the suite she got for the night before and the night of their wedding. One problem my sister had was that she had booked her ceremony to be outside and the lady ended up double booking it for that day so she was forced to have hers inside. It was still nice but she was just upset since it ended up being a perfect day for an outside wedding. So that is one thing to just beware of. Otherwise I don't think she had any other problems.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

A friend of mine got married on one of the riverboats on the river in the dells... it was a sunset ceremony and very beautiful - being on the water and surrounded by the beautiful views and rock formations... you could hire a justice of the peace/commissioned  officiant to have your ceremony on the boat and then move to land for the reception or at least have a light refreshment/appetizers/ hor'durves on the boat as well. Just an alternative to the pricey cost at the resorts.

http://www.princesskay.com/weddings.htm

you can also check the Wis Dells Visitors Bureau and seach for "wedding" and lots of different info will come up:
    http://www.wisdells.com/index.cfm

As far as nightlife - there are lots of little bars and things to do at night... Marley's has a strong following - but depending on the time of year and schedule for the days events, many places/attractions are open late into the night.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in the WI Dells area on 5/21/2011.  My reception is at Trapper's Turn which is the country club on a golf course owned by Kalahari.  It is beautiful inside and full of windows that show off the greenery of the golf course.

I am having a hard time finding ceremony musicians in the area.  I am still looking for either a string trio/quartet or flute and harp players.  If anyone knows anything, let me know.

I am getting married in a Catholic church in Baraboo.  You can always choose to get married outdoors at Trapper's Turn as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards