Attire & Accessories Forum

shoes/hairstyle/veil for this dress?

Here is my dress (Sorry the picture is kind of cruddy...  we were just goofing around and someone snapped a photo, but it's the only photo I have of me actually in the dress where you can see what it is).  It is David's Bridal CLICK HERE if you want to see a better photo of the dress.

My question is what type of shoes and hair/veil do you guys think I should wear with this?  My wedding is going to be pretty simple, in the pasture near a beautiful pond and an old rugged cross, with the reception back up at the barn.  The guys are wearing dark jeans, vests that match the girl's dresses and boots. 

Shoes:  Because the ceremony will be on grass, my BM are wearing cute shorter dresses with boots (no negative comments about this please... my BM shoes are not the questions here, I mention it only to show what will be around me. Also country is the culture around here, boots are worn to church, weddings, all kinds of things so while it may not fit with your perfect idea of a beautiful wedding, it is mine --sorry I'm really not trying to be snarky, I've just been slammed on this already and it's just over simple difference of opinion).  I'm not sure this particular dress would look good with boots, and I'm not so coordinated with heels/wedges, so I'm at a loss.  I am changing at the reception and my boots will be on then!

Hair/veil: My hair is VERY long and VERY straight - to give you an idea it was in a 5 strand braid in this picture so it would be even longer if it were just hanging down. One of my BM suggested an all up 'do with a birdcage veil, but others have suggested just a simpler braid, kind of like I had in the photo but more professional and romantic looking with wisps curled and flowing with flowers and no veil...  (The tiara thing on my head was just us goofing around lol).  Thoughts? Opinions?

Re: shoes/hairstyle/veil for this dress?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards