Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Sandals brides? St Lucia Brides?

I'm so excited my fiance and I have finally chosen a place! I have never been to St. Lucia but it looks like paradise and I'm really excited to have found a place with an all inclusive that isn't breaking the bank and no one in my small wedding party has ever been to. Have any of you been to St. Lucia or a Sandals wedding I would love to hear from you. We are fairly certain we are going to cut the wedding budget pretty low and just add on a few things to the complimentary wedding package and splurge on butler service. Reviews seem to say that butler service is what makes sandals worth it. Please please please let me know your experience or thoughts :)

Re: Sandals brides? St Lucia Brides?

• Options
    I wanna know too! Also thinking about Sandals St Lucia
  • Options
    @Malyna when is your big day and which resort are you thinking? 
  • Options
    Date TBD

My TA is the one that recommended Sandals St Lucia

I"m actually leaning more towards Excellence Playa Mujeres right now only because it might a bit more expensive for guests to get down to St Lucia
  • Options
    That is so exciting! I wish I could find more people who have already been married at a Sandals resort. It is so hard to get reviews.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are officially going to Sandals La Toc. I fell in love with the private pool and butler suite and the price isn't much more than what we were looking at in Jamaica or Mexico. It's scary to book the resort before the flight info comes out but it looks like la toc fills up fast! Also, I had a really good conversation with the Sandals rep who explained to me that all travel agents get the same price you get on the site but it gives you a point of contact. I was surprised that the few places I price checked were the same until I found that out. So there isn't much competition for the rooms. I will tell you I had planned on booking through Beach Bums because I heard such great things but they are the only ones who quoted me a HIGHER price so we are going through a local TA. I'm hoping to find some more brides to share their Sandals experience. 
  • Options
    That's awesome @auesome13 - I actually am going with Beach Bums at the moment and their quote for EPM was lower than what was on the site...
  • Options
    Wow that's awesome! I wish I got a lower quote lol. From what I understand though Sandals pricing is what it is. It seems they don't run many specials on the room we want. There seem to be some good incentives with a free night and such but we don't qualify for any of them. That's my luck :)  It's ok I still feel pretty good about what we're getting for the price.There are some great options in Mexico and we were pretty sold on it but I'm a chicken and didn't want to do a blood test. 
  • Options
    We are getting married at Beaches T&C which is a Sandals resort. Cannot wait! Have you checked out bestdestinationwedding.com? There are TON of pics, reviews, and such from several destination wedding hotels!
  • Options
    We are getting married at Sandals St Lucian Grande in July on the beach. It def cut our costs but still expensive. We also are upgrading a few of the wedding package items. I am really excited about riding the horses in the water and the all inclusive. I plan eating till I cant eat anymore. LOL. I can let you know how it was after we get back if your wedding is after July.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I hear the beach at Grande is much better than at the Regency La Toc where I have booked but I really liked the deal we got on the Honeymoon hideaway butler suite with a private pool. I like the idea of having a pool to ourselves since we are bringing a group with us for the wedding we'll still get the only people in the world experience :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards