Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Fiesta Ware?

How does it hold up?  I've never owned any pieces from the collection, so I was hoping that someone could give me feedback.  I know that the reviews are great online, but I don't always trust online reviews.

I love the colors, and FI hates "boring" plates, so I thought these would be perfect.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Fiesta Ware?

• Options
    I love this stuff.  It's supposed to be very durable. 
  • Options
    Good to know! Thanks!

I also just got really excited about this:

But I just have an inappropriate affection for all things Le Creuset.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We have Fiesta for our everyday dishes and we have literally dropped plates on the floor without even getting a scratch on them.  They really are that durable plus they always go on sale at Macy's, so they ended up being the first thing sold out on our registry.  We mixed and matched ours so we have serving pieces and place settings in sunflower, turquoise, tangerine, and lemongrass.  We love them!
  • Options

DH had his long before we met because it is like a requirement to own Fiesta in the part of OH where he is from (right by the Fiesta pottery/factory).

There are no chips or issues with any of his many pieces.

I like the square lunch plates the best for the two of us.  We ordered more of those when we got married.  They are a great size for a light meal and fit the best into the dishwasher.

• Options
    I love mine. My aunt had Fiesta when I was growing up, so she started me on the collection. Not a scratch on any of my pieces. Poor FI really would prefer white plates, but I already had almost a full set of place settings in heather and I love them too much to give up.
  • Options
    My parents love their Fiesta ware. They especially love the durability, and that it's oven safe. They have broken a couple of dishes, but that is because they were dropped on tile. I think their only complaint is that their flatware tends to easily stain the light colored plates. There are little silver scratches all over their light yellow plates. They prefer the dark purple, blue, and red plates. Also, since they are stoneware, they get very hot in the microwave.
    Anniversary

• Options

I love mine!  I have a few different colors in multiple pieces.  My sunflower plates do have a few silver colored marks on them from silverware.  But the darker pieces have nothing on them.  I had already started my fiesta collection before I even met H, so I only registered for 1 new color of place settings.  But lots of the serving pieces in all colors.

Also, my H recently bought me the knife set from Fiesta.  I was skeptical about the quality of the knives themselves, but they are just as good as the Henkels set I have.  I've only recently began using them so I can't comment on their long term sharpness, but so far so good!

• Options
    I love mine.  No chips so far.

• Options
    We love our Fiesta dishes. DH grew up with Fiesta. His parents have had their's for years and it's still on good shape. What I love about it is that the dishes are safe for everything: dishwasher, microwave, oven. You name it. We registered for several different colors. By the time we got all our wedding gifts and visited the factory, we had collected place settings in 12 different colors and multiple serving pieces.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards