Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Remedies for Under-Eye Circles?

Hi all,

Recently engaged here, and I'm looking at probably 18 months (or longer) before the big day.  I'm a very low-maintenance beauty kind of girl.  I very rarely wear makeup, and if a hairstyle takes longer than 5 minutes I don't even bother.  Thing is, I've got these dark under eye circles and bags - not so bad that they look like bruises, but dark enough that I always look exhausted, and smiling exaggerates the depth of them.  Obviously, on my wedding day I plan to be smiling BIG and A LOT.  So I'd like to get a jump start on trying to get rid of these pesky buggers.  I have ridiculously sensitive skin, so natural remedies would be best, but I'm open to other suggestions.  Have any of you had this issue and had success with any particular remedies?  Or, just as helpful, have you tried remedies with nightmarish results???

Any and all help would be appreciated!

-M

Re: Remedies for Under-Eye Circles?

• Options
    Coconut oil. I've been using it for a few months. It works amazingly well. 
  • Options
    I am not sure how to rid them completely, other than drink lots of water. If your looking to cover up, MAC Pro-longwear concealer is perfect for that kind of coverage! I also top it off with Benefits Agent Zero (I believe that's what it is called) brightener powder, and it makes a huge difference to me. Hope this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Try GlamGlow Brightmud Eye Treatment from Sephora! Its pricey, but try out a sample of it before you buy. Its amazing stuff- helps brighten and decrease puffiness!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest

image140 Invited
    image107 Ready to Party
    image33 Missing Out
  • Options
    I've been using ROC sensitive eyes night cream (it has retinol in it, but my sensitive skin has been fine).  I also use Burts Bees eye cream in the morning.  The combination has helped a lot with the texture / lines under my eyes.  They also make my skin nice and moist, so the makeup I use to cover my circles blends more easily.

It's too soon to expect to see any big results for the dark circles (I have pretty terrible ones).  After a lot of research, it seems most of these creams will take 3+ months to make any significant difference in skin tone.  
  • Options
    Lots of water for the bags, and when you have time to lie down and rest for 15-20 minutes, put two black tea bags that have just been steeped in warm/hot water over your eyes. Cucumber has a similar effect, but I'm low-maintenance too and more likely to have black tea in my kitchen on any given day than cucumber :)
  • Options
    I think you are talking about naturally deep set eyes.  I have them.  It is heredity.  Nothing will change them.  You can use a cover up, but if your eyes are as deep set as mine, it just looks like paint.  Are you having your makeup professionally done?
    PS.  They do get less shadowy with age.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards