Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Sorority traditions

2»

Re: Sorority traditions

• I'm a Gamma Phi Beta, not sure if we have any wedding songs, but several of my sisters will be invited and I love the idea of putting a pink carnation (our flower) at each of their place settings and/or incorporating pins or designs into the bouquet.  Honestly I'd feel awkward with a song, though, and also agree with PPs that a lot of the guests would likely not enjoy it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mrsdee15 said:
    I'm a Gamma Phi Beta, not sure if we have any wedding songs, but several of my sisters will be invited and I love the idea of putting a pink carnation (our flower) at each of their place settings and/or incorporating pins or designs into the bouquet.  Honestly I'd feel awkward with a song, though, and also agree with PPs that a lot of the guests would likely not enjoy it.
    I'm a Delta Gamma and I've felt similarly about the song. I want to wear my badge under my dress over my heart, and I want to get cream colored roses for my sisters that will be attending, but as for Dream Girl? I'll let them decide whether or not they want to do that. It may make an impromptu appearance late in the reception, but I'm not going to force it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm a Delta Gamma and our quarterly magazine just had a whole article on traditions to incorporate into weddings! They had an example of a bouquet, garter, cake design, and recommended an option to have special pins or flowers for fellow sisters to wear at the ceremony

SIB!!

@Jells2dot0 and @sassyfrass2014 I am a DG too :)  I wish I thought of wearing my badge under my dress, that is a cute idea.  I had cream colored roses in my bouquet.  No Dream Girl for me; was not big in my chapter and I only invited a few sisters.  We took the traditional sorority pic throwing the DG sign though.

Anniversary
  • @erinlin25- I wondered if you were because of your anchor ;)

• @erinlin25- I wondered if you were because of your anchor ;)
    funny enough when they made those advatars, I never mentioned an anchor or being a DG and she happened to put it on mine :) so I of course kept it.  Hope you are feeling better!

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards