Wisconsin

Reception Site near Antigo, WI

Does anyone know of a nice and classy reception venue near Antigo, WI?  We are looking for a place that has great food, is very PROFESSIONAL, and beautiful.  Our wedding is in October so we would love a venue that offers a view of the changing leaves.  This is essentially a destination wedding because the majority of guests are coming in from out of town so we don't want the reception too far from Antigo (my hometown).  We are marrying at a church in Antigo.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Re: Reception Site near Antigo, WI

• edited December 2011
    There are a couple nicer places in Wausau, which isn't too far from Antigo. The Plaza, Stoney Creek Inn and their sister hotel has a really nice reception spot. It has somewhat of northwoods decor so if you aren't interested in clashing, then I'm not sure. I know if lots of places farther up north, but nothing else really near Antigo.
  • phatenigmaphatenigma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  Anything helps, I'll try calling them tomorrow!
  • edited December 2011
    The North Star in Antigo has the new hotel behind it. No trees! But I know them on a personal and professional level and they are the best in town. The Irish Rail in Polar is the worst food ever!!! Nice and clean but that's about all. Hope this helps.
  • KatieD212KatieD212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know of a lot of good places in Eagle River/Minocqua area that are great....its only about an hour north, but its a bit of a drive from the church.  Maybe there is a pretty place on a lake in Elcho or Pelican Lake???  I drive thru the area allllll the time. Let me know if you need help with any vendors or anything!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards