Attire & Accessories Forum

bridal jewelry - gold or silver? big or small?

I have a halter top dress in ivory. (http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_All-Over-Lace-A-Line-Halter-with-Beaded-Embroidery-9H9572?cm_vc=Search)   My first thought was a simple necklace and earrings but then I saw some really pretty filigree earrings on Etsy that I just adore! (https://www.etsy.com/listing/168918832/dark-blue-metallic-bridesmaids-earrings?ref=favs_view_3).

So my questions are, what do y'all think would look best, a small earring/necklace set (like this for example,  https://www.etsy.com/listing/173859179/sterling-silver-and-white-pearl-jewelry?ref=favs_view_4 ), or the larger ones I posted before?  And if the larger ones, the gold or the silver (my rings are all gold if that matters - my great grandmother's opal ring on right hand, and my bridal set which belonged to FI's grandmother)?  Would I wear a necklace with the bigger earrings or just let them stand alone?  I *think* my hair will be down in a long braid.

Thank you for your opinions! :)

Re: bridal jewelry - gold or silver? big or small?

• I wouldn't wear a neclace with that neckline..

I like either piece of jewelry for the earrings. I would do a drop earring with pearls instead.

• Out of what you posted, I like the dark-blue earrings (1st ones) in silver the best.  I might be afraid of how heavy they are.  No necklace needed with your dress.

Anniversary
  • I also wouldn't do a necklace. You've got a higher neckline that's already got detailed; don't crowd the space. 

Earrings is probably personal preference, but if your hair will be mostly down, I would do the drop earrings. 

Are you wearing any bracelets? Do you care if the metal of your earrings match your e-ring and wedding band?
  • Hmm  I need vocabulary help now (lol)  What are you meaning by "drop" earrings?  I thought they were both drop because they hang, or drop...  am I confused?

I'm not sure if I care about mixing medals or not...  I usually don't really care.  Until recently I wore almost all silver.  But then I got my grandmother's ring (which is gold) and then his grandmother's ring (which is gold)...so other than a very small white gold band on my thumb (which is my OTHER great grandmother's wedding band) it's all gold on my hands.  Does it matter?  Will it look funny?  I'm not usually very in the know on jewelery so I'm not sure what fashion gurus would suggest lol.

I haven't decided about bracelets yet but probably not. 

My neckline will be a little bit lower than the models...  still suggest no necklace?  That was my first thought, just wanted someone else's opinions too :)

Thank you!
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    That neckline doesn't need a necklace at all, or any flashy jewelry for that matter. I'd stick with some simple earrings, as pictured below, and a bracelet to match. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards