Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Is it awkward to hire two different (competing) makeup artists?

I am between two different makeup artists... I have had my trial with one already - she has excellent pricing, but I'm not sure if I'm in love with how she does makeup (she also did my makeup as a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding)... I have a trial with a different makeup artist in a couple of weeks, and judging from her portfolio, I think she's more my style... however, she's a bit more expensive to hire. Personally, I don't mind paying a bit extra to look amazing, but I am concerned about what my bridesmaids will have to pay (I don't think it would be fair to them).

Should I:
  • Settle for the cheaper one, so the bridesmaids won't have to pay an extra $30 per person?
  • Shell out an extra $120 of my own money (I have 4 bridesmaids) so they won't have to pay extra, and hire the more expensive one?
  • Hire the cheaper one for the bridesmaids and the more expensive one for myself...? (Or give everyone an option of choosing one or the other?) Would it be incredibly weird/rude/awkward?? I'm worried one or both artists will be offended and/or that the makeup won't look as cohesive...
  • Or do you think I should just book a second trial with the cheaper one to see if I can find a look I like better?
  • ...Other suggestions?
I'd love to hear your thoughts/ideas! :)

Re: Is it awkward to hire two different (competing) makeup artists?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards