Registry and Gift Forum

Adding registries to website?

FI and I have a wedding website. We also now have 3 registries (Crate & Barrel, Target, and Amazon). Should we post our registries on the website?

I've read various thoughts on the subject but am really not sure of the etiquette.

Thanks!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Adding registries to website?

• It's fine to put your registries on your website under the "registries" tab.  People who are not interested don't have to click on that tab.  But I wouldn't mention it anywhere else on your website so it's not "in your face."
  • It's fine to put your registries on your website under the "registries" tab.  People who are not interested don't have to click on that tab.  But I wouldn't mention it anywhere else on your website so it's not "in your face."
    This.  Ours were on our registry tab but weren't mentioned on any other page of our website, and definitely weren't included with any invitation/save-the-date information.
  • Thank you both!
  • I don't think it is appropriate to include registries on your website.  Typically wedding websites are noted in the invitation package and thus the website is an extension of the invite.  When you promote your website on your invite then you are basically promoting your registry information in your invite.

• That makes sense too.

I have no interest in promoting the registries, I just want to make it as easy for people to find if they are interested. It looks like they are easily found in a search so I might just leave it at that.

Thanks!
  • Most people find registries on websites to be acceptable, but I wouldn't be comfortable with it.  To me, it's no different than mentioning your registry in any other context.  You just don't do it until you're asked.

But plenty of people have no issue with it.  
  • Most people find registries on websites to be acceptable, but I wouldn't be comfortable with it.  To me, it's no different than mentioning your registry in any other context.  You just don't do it until you're asked.

But plenty of people have no issue with it.  
    I understand that point of view.  My personal take on it is that putting it as a tab or something that has to be clicked on in some way is analogous to the guest asking the bride and groom for information about their registry - as long as it's not on the first page so they can't avoid seeing it, the guest is choosing to click on the link/tab to inquire about registries.  That's just my personal opinion, though.

• I like our invites without the little pieces of paper/cards from the stores we are registred at. I just think it looks cleaner. We included our wedding website at the bottom of the invite and the registry is on our website.

I think it would be okay to de either option really.

• leelabear said:

I like our invites without the little pieces of paper/cards from the stores we are registred at. I just think it looks cleaner. We included our wedding website at the bottom of the invite and the registry is on our website.

I think it would be okay to de either option really.

It's not appropriate to add registry cards to your invitations. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards