Attire & Accessories Forum

Beach engagement photo outfits - HELP!!!

Hi all!  My FH and I are getting our engagement pictures done next month in Wildwood, NJ.  We are getting some fun pictures on Morey's Pier and the boardwalk as well as some romantic pictures on the beach.  I have no idea what to wear!  All opinions are welcome and pictures/links are encouraged!  TYIA!

Re: Beach engagement photo outfits - HELP!!!

• Wear something you are comfortable in! And complimentary colors. You and your FI don't have to be matchy matchy,but make sure the colors "go".

Fo beach shots I like guys in khakis and a nice button down, probably a cool color (blue or green). A pretty sun dress with a large print to go with his colors would look good.

@shrekspeare I admit, I had my shoot this past weekend and I wore cowboy boots *shame* To make it better, I wear them on a daily basis.

• @shrekspeare Goad no! I hate sand. With a passion. When I got to the beach, sand is not allowed on my KING SIZED blanket that I lay down. HAHA. Ours was at a park and old historic house and grounds.

Boots in any form would not make sense on a beahc. Go barefoot.

• vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I'd go with khaki short and polor or button down shirt, sleeves rolled up for guy and sundress for you   But wear what you are comfortable in, something that is "you" .    You can wear shorts and a nice shirt, or capri's. 
  • For beach engagement photos, I think it looks nice when men wear khaki shorts or pants, a button down shirt, and possibly jeans.  For women, I think a flowy dress is always nice, or possibly shorts and a tank top.   Examples:
     imageimage
  • Oh, and if you're brave you could do it in swimsuits.
    imageimage
  • i'm doing mine at a beach in hawaii here in a few weeks!

i'm going to wear a flowy ivory/pink dip dye dress, and also a light yellow linen short sleeved blouse with denim shorts. my fiance is going to wear a cool hawaiian button down shirt in shades of white, as well as jeans or khakis and boardshorts. we're not too worried about wearing light colors on the beach since it's a tropical beach.... maybe it has a different color scheme than an east coach beach...?

no shoes eew! hate shoes!

here are pics of my choices.
  • We live about 2 blocks from the beach, and did our engagement pics on the beach (and on our street) in October. It was Fall, so clothes were different than you'd wear now. We figure we'll have a ton of "fancy" pics from the wedding, so wanted something casual, so we wore jeans. And yes, I wore boots. The pics on the beach don't look at all odd to me, though! I'd also suggest wearing colors that are particularly flattering on you. I wore a cobalt blue scarf that really lit up my face, and the color pictures really stand out because of it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards