Wedding Party
Options

am i wrong to feel this way..

Tomorrow is my wedding. So I have been trying to not be overly stressed about everything and let myself not become anything close to a bridezilla. So my moh has been my best friend for years. But recently just disappeared. When I originally asked her to be my moh she was so excited did research to see what moh role is. She always asked me if she was doing a good job. I am not forcing them to get hair done or make up done if they don't want to. My other bridesmaid is getting married in a couple months so she cant afford to do a lot of extra. I completely understand. Well my moh is choosing not to either but she is the one who will say she cant do her hair and cant ever do her make up. I have a feeling tomorrow when I get back from having mine done and she gets there I'm gonna hear how she can't do anything. I'm not really sure how to feel towards that. On top of that she wants to come right before limo picks us up instead of hang with the rest of us for a couple hours. I didn't think it would bother me this much but its starting to hurt my feelings. I don't know if its worth even saying anything at this point. I sound like a mean horrible person but I just don't know anymore. Is everyone else having everyone come and hang out before to attempt to relax and just have a little fun.. 

Re: am i wrong to feel this way..

• Options
    Tomorrow is my wedding. So I have been trying to not be overly stressed about everything and let myself not become anything close to a bridezilla. So my moh has been my best friend for years. But recently just disappeared. When I originally asked her to be my moh she was so excited did research to see what moh role is. She always asked me if she was doing a good job. I am not forcing them to get hair done or make up done if they don't want to. My other bridesmaid is getting married in a couple months so she cant afford to do a lot of extra. I completely understand. Well my moh is choosing not to either but she is the one who will say she cant do her hair and cant ever do her make up. I have a feeling tomorrow when I get back from having mine done and she gets there I'm gonna hear how she can't do anything. I'm not really sure how to feel towards that. On top of that she wants to come right before limo picks us up instead of hang with the rest of us for a couple hours. I didn't think it would bother me this much but its starting to hurt my feelings. I don't know if its worth even saying anything at this point. I sound like a mean horrible person but I just don't know anymore. Is everyone else having everyone come and hang out before to attempt to relax and just have a little fun.. 

No, you are not wrong to feel bummed out but dont harp on it. Dont sweat the small stuff. Hair/ Make up and hanging out before the ceremony are really minor things. If you wanted your MOH to have her hair professional done then you should have paid for it. If she complains about how she looks, ignore it.

Focus on the big stuff. You are about to get married!!!! And have a great party!!! With your family and friends!!

Have a mimosa and relax.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I understand that your wedding is tomorrow and you are focused on that, but did you ever take a moment and wonder what might be going on in your MOHs life to make her completely disappear?  Your wedding is important, yes, but it is only one day, while this friendship has been years in the making and will hopefully go on for years to come.

At this point there is nothing you can do about how your MOH acts tomorrow.  All you can do is enjoy yourself and smile.

After your wedding is over you should take some time with your MOH and hang out and talk about her and see how things are going in her life.  Sometimes brides forget that other people's lives continue to move on and change as they are preparing for their wedding.  They tend to have blinders on and forget to take a second to look around and check in with people.

So enjoy your wedding day (and HM if you are going on one) and then focus on your friend.

• Options
    You're stressing yourself out about something she MIGHT say. I think you need to try to relax. It's not worth it to worry about that. 

I would probably be a little hurt that she didn't want to show up until the limo arrives. But, she'll be with you all day. Maybe she has a reason for not wanting to show up early? 

KatWag is right though - you're getting married tomorrow! Focus on that. Be happy. 
  • Options
    Don't worry about it too much, the focus is on you getting married to the love of your life. Congratulations, and be happy for that!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I think you are just getting anxious because it it's so close, you are looking for things to worry about. At this point, there aren't many changes to be made about anything so you pretty much need to relax and just go with the flow. Easier said than done, I know, but come on. This isn't about your MOH not getting hair and makeup and hanging out for a bit. You have the rest of your lives to hang out. She is your MOH and best friend. You know she supports you and will be there for you. Don't worry, you're getting married!! Just let it go and enjoy one of the happiest days of your life!
  • Options
    Thank you everyone :) your all right  I am getting married and going to have fun. I guess it is something I am just looking to stress about. Its easy to just get ahold of yourself. Enjoy your days and Congratulations to all of you.. Thank you 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards