Wedding Party
Options

Trouble Finding Bridesmaid Dresses

Hello-

I'm having trouble finding bridesmaid dresses.  I want dresses that are slightly different since my girls all have different body types, but I also want the shades to be slightly different.  I know I want cocktail dresses, with shades of lavender.  Has anyone else done different style/different shade combos?  How did it work for you?  Where is the best place to look for this?

Re: Trouble Finding Bridesmaid Dresses

• Options
    What is the budget that your BMs gave you for a dress?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It will be difficult to find dresses from the same place all in slightly different shades of lavender, unless you pick different fabrics that affect how the colour looks. For example, Alfred Angelo has a shade called 'lilac'. This is pretty much the only 'lavender' type shade they have, but it looks different in chiffon than it does in satin. Maybe go with a ligher purple, a darker purple, and whatever accent colour is in your wedding colour palette, and let them choose cocktail dresses in one of those colours. You can do similar fabrics to tie them together a bit, or let them choose from a variety.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!  They hall have drastically different budgets, hence wanting to try different dresses, but to make it easier for everyone I want to try to keep them below $150.  

Singinchic- that sounds good, but so far we're thinking chiffon fabric, to keep a cohesiveness, but maybe a larger range of purple would work.
  • Options
    coralove1 said:
    Thanks everyone!  They hall have drastically different budgets, hence wanting to try different dresses, but to make it easier for everyone I want to try to keep them below $150.  

Singinchic- that sounds good, but so far we're thinking chiffon fabric, to keep a cohesiveness, but maybe a larger range of purple would work.
    Since the girls do have drastically different budgets, all the more reason to go with Maggie's advice.  The shades of purple will be different.  Also, with Easter coming up, there will probably be lots of options of lavender in department stores.  So just say lavender in chiffon and let the girls find their own dresses.
  • Options
    I agree with the PPs that said just let them buy their own dresses.  Perhaps you could specify a fabric and length or something.  Examples of bridesmaids in different lavender/purple dresses:
  • Options
    Thanks so much everyone! You've definetly helped me make up my mind!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards