May 2014 Weddings

Random Thoughts :)

I just thought I would share some random thoughts to change it up a bit here. 
Today is beautiful. All other Midwest ladies here know what I'm talking about :) so I spent time in the front garden cleaning things up making it look pretty :)
I really hate relying on other people to send their RSVP and I don't understand what the hold up is. I am starting to worry they are getting lost in the mail :/ 
Working with my FI is awesome and I'm loving it. I really can't wait until everything is all green and pretty here :) Also I would live to have a pet but sadly we are not in a position to get one since we aren't allowed cause our landlord doesn't allow pets. Oh and I crochet, and if any of you other ladies do I would live to do pattern swapping :) 

Anyone else? Random thoughts? :)
Anniversary

Re: Random Thoughts :)

• On your RSVP comment @Kristen625, I don't see what is taking people so long either!  We did a pre-stamped postcard RSVP, on which I even wrote their name.  All you gotta do is check a box and slip it in the mail!
    The ones we have gotten back are entertaining us though, our checkboxes were little hearts, and almost EVERY one we have gotten back in the mail is checked off a different way.  Some people colored the heart in, some people circled it, some people checked it.  We're easily entertained :)
  • vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

I'm with you on the rsvps!  It seem the ones I haven't gotten back are the people that I would think may say no, which is fine, but just send them!  I'd rather get "nos" back so I know where we stand!   One family that I sent 5 separate invites (to each kid in the family, most are over 18, only 1 wasn't but I sent her her own anyway) and I've only gotten 1 back (one of the kids, not the parents even!) I saw her at the shower and she said see you at the wedding..so why haven't you sent back your rsvp yet??! 

One a separate not it is LOVELY weather here today and i'm sitting out on my front porch working on thank you's from the shower.  I just got my hair and make up trial today and am very happy with the results.  My mom is the most critical person I know, and she liked it!

• kkleigh10kkleigh10 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    I wish I hadn't waited so long to book trials with my hair and makeup people...due to my procrastination, the trials are only 11 days before my wedding - which is fine, but I feel like all I do is HURRY UP AND WAIT these days.

Its also a gorgeous day here in the Northeast. I truly thought winter would never end this year and was legitimitely afraid there would still be snow on the ground on my wedding day. 

Why do puppies find the one area of the couch thats not covered by a waterproof blanket...and pee?
  • My Mom's family does not RSVP. They just don't. 

I'll be calling them after the RSVP date.

Anniversary
  • Our rsvp by date is tomorrow & I'm still missing 50% of the rsvp's. They're actually split right down the middle too- FI's side and my side. Thank goodness for FB because I hate making phone calls!

• @chibiyui ugh my sympathies. That's just rude and ridiculous. 

@kkleigh10 I have no idea. I think it's a puppy gift of some kind. 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards