Attire & Accessories Forum

Black Bridal Dress

I am getting married for the second time after 28 years and raising my 4 children, I have been lead back to my true love. We are having a very short straight to the point church ceremony and then off to the reception full of family, friends, fun and excitement. I have found several dresses that would be considered mostly evening or special occasion dresses that are Black and I can add a silver sash (which is one thing I would like to do). My question would be is it appropriate for me to wear a black dress. The ones that I have been looking at give a flowing, lite and airy feel and when I look at them I get much more excited than I do at wasting money on a wedding dress. I am having such a hard time with making a decision that I have put off getting my dress and my wedding date is May 24, 2014. Help me I just can't commit.

Best Answers

• doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Answer ✓
    What dress you choose is one of those things that you can say "It's my day!" about.  Wear a black dress if you want to.  However, I would get going right away to find a dress that you love if you are getting married in just over a month.  
  • vanessaninivanessanini member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    Answer ✓
    If you really love your black dress, it is fine to wear it in your wedding. Dress whatever you like in your big day. Just be happy.
  • AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Answer ✓
    One of my bridesmaids wore a black and white dress for her wedding, and she looked fabulous. You can wear whatever color you want.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14

Re: Black Bridal Dress

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards