Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Waxing?

Hello!

I was thinking of doing a bikini and under arm wax, what do you recommend is the best time to go prior to the wedding? (May 31). I hear the first time you get waxed should be before your wedding, and you shouldn't get waxed the day before EVER. What do you ladies recommend?

Re: Waxing?

• Hello!

I was thinking of doing a bikini and under arm wax, what do you recommend is the best time to go prior to the wedding? (May 31). I hear the first time you get waxed should be before your wedding, and you shouldn't get waxed the day before EVER. What do you ladies recommend?
    @lluzzi0923

I would go about a week before. Don't go on your period either. 
  • I've never gotten it done but my friends who do say the hair needs to be pretty darn long to work with and you shouldn't shave for 2-3 weeks before you go.

• Not shaving my armpits for 2-3 weeks seems brutal... But I guess it's better than stubble on the big day?
  • I wax regularly and I would recommend starting to grow it out now and get it done a few times before the wedding to soften the hairs and get used to the process. The first time I got my underarms done, I had a bit of pinpoint bleeding and it grew back fairly quickly, maybe like a week. Now, the hair is finer and less noticeable in between visits and its been totally worth it. I would probably recommend going 3-5 days before for the underarms if you don't go now. Make sure you go somewhere that uses the hard wax, like European Wax Center. As far as the bikini line, try not to go the week before your period or during your period because you are more sensitive. Take a motrin an hour before your first time. Waxing is definitely worth it for your big day! Hope this helps!
  • I would not do the first time right before the wedding.  What if you react badly to it or something?  
  • Not shaving my armpits for 2-3 weeks seems brutal... But I guess it's better than stubble on the big day?
    I shaved the morning of and I didn't have any stubble.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards