South Carolina-Charleston

Honeymoon in Charleston

Hi!  I'm getting married in November and I am wondering if anyone could suggest a hotel for our honeymoon in Charleston.  Thanks for any suggestions!  Neither my FI or I have ever been there so we don't know the area very well.

Re: Honeymoon in Charleston

• What are you looking for? Beach, historic downtown? How much do you want to spend? :)
  • Downtown would be first choice, but beach would be nice too -It will be in November so I'm guessing SC is a bit cool for the beach then (When you are a FL girl and used to really hot temps lol).  I don't want to spend outrageously but if it's a nice room with lots of added things (like breakfast included and/or jaccuzzi tub) I could go 150 or so a night - MAYBE up to 200.  What is an average room rate there?  I based that off of on property Disney hotel prices.
  • I'm going to just say that you're going to be hard pressed to find a room for under $200 downtown. We're looking at rooms right now for our October wedding, and seeing prices as high as $600+ per night, for "standard" rooms.

My suggestions to you would be to look for a rental property (I'm not sure how long you want to be there, though) or something close to the peninsula but not ON it.

You may want to check the Courtyards - there's one downtown and one on Lockwood Drive. Mills House Hotel is probably the nicest one that might fall into your budget. Charleston is steep - trust me, I understand. Check out Boardwalk Inn at Wild Dunes Resort as well.

Charleston really is a beautiful city, hope you find something you like!
  • You might be able to find a few B&Bs in your range, but it's tough. I'm a Charlestonian trying to get married in my own city in November and my budget is similar to yours--can't find much of anything, unfortunately.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards