Wedding Party

Wedding Party Awkwardness - How to Handle

2»

Re: Wedding Party Awkwardness - How to Handle

• mysticl she could wear a burlap muumuu and shower flip flops and i wouldn't care.  Her reading is quite short, and if we have to cut it from the program last minute because she can't handle it, we're fine with that too.  Just wanted her to be included in a less demanding way than "bridesmaid." :-)

before i get crucified, by "demanding" i just mean "having to deal with guessing her size for a potentially unflattering dress while 7 months pregnant and then posing for pictures for multiple hours."  i don't mean extra work of any kind.

• SKPMSKPM member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    But your photos still won't be symmetrical if the best man isn't even in them because he's behind the camera.

photo fancy-as-fuck.jpg
  • SKPM said:
    But your photos still won't be symmetrical if the best man isn't even in them because he's behind the camera.
    What is that creature in your GIF? I might need one.
  • Melissa0090: I wouldn't worry about conversing with your cousin - she should be completely cool with her hubby standing up for your fi (which I'm sure she will be) without being in the wedding party as well. She sounds like she's a gracious person.

As for the symmetry - I understand where you're coming from. It's an issue for me as well, because it's something that I'm obsessive compulsive about (the older I get the worse it gets). But - for those of you who balk at the symmetry issue, saying that 'we're' just using people as props - that isn't always the case. In mine and my fi's case we have 6 and 6 because at the time we asked our friends and brothers, that's who we wanted - because they are important to us. It worked out for us that we didn't need to worry about being lopsided. But if we were, I will tell you right now, that it would make me crazy. Melissa - I don't know if it's an OCD type issue for you, but for me it is. Fortunately, my fi understands my quirks and loves me just the same, and he knows that uneven sides, as superficial as it may sound, would drive me crazy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards