Wedding Woes

V&O Meeting Report :)

[Pre V&O Meeting, skip if want] Friday I called sick into work b/c I was stupid, sat outside pretty much all night Thursday night and had a massive allergy flare-up.  So, I had to get up at 5 am to get stuff ready to leave. 

The talk with Richard Dawkins was quite good, as well as the other speakers.  Things I liked about Richard Dawkins is that he comes across as quite agreeable, very knowledgeable, very charming, and honest (he admits when he doesn't know something or has never thought about it).  Things I didn't like is that when he doesn't know or has a good answer he does kind of fumble it.  There was also a moment from the crowd that was off-putting for me, basically people poking fun at someone who simply didn't understand something that happened in the speeches.

[Start V&O Meeting) Then, we ran off to meet O-face and Mr. O-face, while the rest of our party stayed behind for the book signing and reception.  O-face looks exactly like I remember her from her wedding pictures and she makes all of those funny faces in person too.  My face hurt from laughing so much.  Mr. O-face is charming and funny in his own right....especially when making Dad faces at O-face.  We had a delicious meal with a server who had a really weird haircut.  We also had our meal with a bunch of prom kids.  Man, the dresses all looked the same.  

We stopped at the hotel bar where Mr. V and I indulged in being lushes (they had Jeremiah Sweet Tea vodka, I'm a sucker for that stuff) and continuing laughing, chatting, and trading war stories about drinking gone wrong.  It was perfectly lovely.  I hope we can do it again in the future.

We did take a picture, but are experiencing technical difficulties.  We'll get it up soon.

Re: V&O Meeting Report :)

• Aw, I'm bummed I couldn't make it.  Sounds fun!

It's grainy b/c it was dark @ the hotel bar, but it happened!
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Yaaaaayyyy!!! I'm glad you guys had fun.

I think I could run smack into O and not know it's her. 

• 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    My version:

Morning was okay, H and I ran around like crazy to get to little town Iowa and ride our bikes.  Rode into the wind for 10 miles, saw an awesome bridge, rode back and made 30 miles.  Then rushed off to our hotel and checked in.  Put on my best face, met up with Varuna and Mr. Varuna.

Varuna was gracious and funny and accommodating.  I also told her I have a feeling that she's been the same assertive person since toddler-hood.  We ate food, drank a bit and had a great dinner with the Vs.  Mr. Varuna is much quieter (or I'm just THAT loud) and seemed to be constantly assessing and re-assessing the situation.

Varuna is just as smart and knowledgeable in person as she is on here.  Very educated, well spoken and a pleasure to be around.  Plus also, she laughed at my jokes, so that makes me a happy girl.

It was sad that we all turned in at 10pm, or close to it, but we're old so what do you expect?
  • Mr. V was kind of getting sick, I think.  He was pretty miserable on Sunday and Monday.  Plus, he's actually kind of shy, though he would probably fervently deny it.  :)  

But yes, I kept thinking, "Hm...will they judge me if I want to go now?  Oh hell, I've got to go to sleep!".  :D  I think I made it to page 8 of my new book about 1/2 an hour after we turned in and was out!
  • YAY!  I always love hearing GTG stories. 
  • 0Face0Face member
    Oh, Mr. O is pretty shy himself, or at least more soft spoken than I am anyway.  I'm pretty out there. 

I just kept looking at Mr. V like "too much?  That was too much wasn't it?"
  • Ha!  I think that's what I kept thinking about Mr. O.  Apparently, they should've just let us have a completely different table and they would've been able to chat and we would've just become more and more loud and obnoxious.  :D

Also, I'm sure the server and prom peeps thought we were insane.
  • I love a gtg too. You never know what to expect and wonder if the IRL personality will be the same as the online personality. I've had good times at all of the ones I've been on.

Now, I wonder how I compare IRL and online.:)

• 0Face0Face member
    Meh.  If I cared who thought I was insane, I would never leave the house.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards