Not Engaged Yet

So we did it...

DH (:D) and I decided that we really didn't want to spend an entire year planning a wedding, and that we really just wanted a small celebration with our family and closest friends, so we got married on April 5th.

Nothing big and fancy, but that's why I've been gone the past couple of weeks. I'll try to get some photos for you girls, if you'd like to see them. :)
Anniversary

Re: So we did it...

• Congratulations! 

You know our rule around here, pics or it didn't happen!
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Eek! Congratulations! I can't wait to see some pictures!

What did you wear? Tell us details of you and your H's (YAY!) special day!

• Congratulations!!! Very exciting!
  • Congratulations! Awesome pictures!
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Beautiful! I love your last picture too! It's a great shot! I have to ask, why the second dress? Everyone has their reasons. My BFF is changing dresses for her reception too but only because she didn't love her original dress and she can't dance in it. However the second dress is still equally bridal I guess...just with more movement and a little more casual. I love your wedges!!

• I love your wedges!!! 
  • Beautiful! I love your last picture too! It's a great shot! I have to ask, why the second dress? Everyone has their reasons. My BFF is changing dresses for her reception too but only because she didn't love her original dress and she can't dance in it. However the second dress is still equally bridal I guess...just with more movement and a little more casual. I love your wedges!!
    Thanks! I loved them from the moment I saw them in the shop window, lol.

As for me, the reason I changed into a second dress is because our reception was in the fellowship hall of the church, and it was rather small and mostly filled with tables and chairs, and I didn't want to risk the train of my dress getting stepped on or hung on a chair/table leg.
    Anniversary
  • Congrats! You look so pretty!

Anniversary

• Congrats! LOVE the shoes! Also I love that your H(!) is wearing converse :)
  • Congrats!!

Where did you get those reception shoes!  The dress is also amazing (both outfits, the wedding/ceremony dress is gorgeous on you).  Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Anniversary
  • Congrats! Love the selfie. :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • You look beautiful in your dress! And I love the blue shoes too! Congratulations to you and your H!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Beautiful! Congratulations, I love your dress :-)
  • Congratulations! Looks like it was a perfect day! :)
  • Congrats!!
  • Congrats!!! Beautiful Pics!!!
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• You look beautiful! Congratulations!!
  • Congrats!!

Where did you get those reception shoes!  The dress is also amazing (both outfits, the wedding/ceremony dress is gorgeous on you).  Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
    I saw them displayed in a window at a little boutique called "Caiston Elle" in our mall. I had never been into the store before (because it looked a little too expensive), but I had to once I saw them. I've never really been a fan of wedges, but they swayed me, lol. :)
    Anniversary
  • Congrats!
    I keep thinking I want to just get married now instead of waiting until next year too. But I know part of me will end up regretting not having the "big" wedding we've always imagined.

• leese19 said:
    Congrats!
    I keep thinking I want to just get married now instead of waiting until next year too. But I know part of me will end up regretting not having the "big" wedding we've always imagined.
    Yeah, there's always that. For us, it was more stress trying to plan something large, and neither one of us much like spotlight and attention, so it made us much happier to have something small. If you have the capability, the patience, and the finances to have the wedding of your dreams, I say go for it.
    Anniversary
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Congratulations!!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Glad you guys went with the wedding that felt right to you and made you happy! So exciting!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards