Wedding Reception Forum

Appy Couple Reviews Plz :)

2»

Re: Appy Couple Reviews Plz :)

• We used AppyCouple for our wedding. It's got a couple of bugs, but all in all we've had a good experience. Main problem we had with it is that, despite their being a lot of designs, we couldn't find many we liked. As far as using the app, etc - I don't think any of our friends downloaded it. They all just used the website. It was super convenient as we had guests all over the world coming in and it's much cheaper than designing / printing / mailing / hounding people about RSVPs... My husband (!) wrote a full review if you want to read more.
  • I have a love / hate relationship with Appy Couple.   Used it for our daughter's wedding that just occurred on May 23.   I would use it again but I sure wish they would finish coding it to make it easier for the behind the scenes management of the RSVPs and menu selections once it is in the tool.  If you have questions, send a note to their support team.  They are awesome.  I chose to send them an endless stream of feedback over 4 months of using the tool, and they were accepting.   Especially for input on gaps in their support documentation, the changes were made within days to help others.   Actual changes to the web-ste functionality was always "oh, that is on our list for improvements." 

Super easy to set up the information to share with guests on the web-site.
    Enjoyed being able to pick the web-site name and code, that would make sense to our guests.
    Electronic RSVPs easily paid for the cost of service by avoiding RSVP cards and postage.
    The auto reminder to guests 7 days and then 24 hours prior to the RSVP deadline helped a lot.   We had a 90% response rate (380+ invited) after our RSVP due date, and just a few texts got us to 100%.
    Was a win to have the RSVP include menu choice selections as part of the process.
    Was easy to communicate the contracted hotel options.
    Guests enjoyed reading their story with pictures.
    Key People section worked well too.
    Liked having an embedded map link to the venue.
    We did not insert any information with the invitation. All we did is note the RSVP with date, web-site name and wedding code.   Made invitations super clean and simple.
    Support Team is very friendly and responds within 24 hours.  They were extremely helpful when I didn't clearly understand how something worked or found their "Help" info lacking.

LEARNING:
    Guests didn't download the App.  
    Appy Couple messages through email got caught in spam blockers for sophisticated servers.
    Guests didn't connect "appy couple" with our web-site, so messages from the server name was viewed as spam by the guest, even if it came across.
    Very easy to upload guest information if the file is in their template order.   We used a Google Form as an electronic "Save the Date" and in the form, we collected their preferred email, guest & spouse names, address, cell number and a preliminary idea if they could attend.  This was a very quick and successful way to collect the info and have it available to easily upload to Appy couple.

FRUSTRATIONS:
    I'm a project manager and lead a team in a Fortune 50 company. The design is geared toward simple set-up use and interaction for the guest, but it falls short in helping the project manager.  I

Only one email can be set-up to edit the web-site.  My daughter, her fiance, his mother and I all had to log in as the bride in order to jointly add info as needed.   We all got verbal changes (like RSVPs or address changes) from friends that we wanted to update.   Makes no sense to have one name only.

The upload file doesn't allow you to maintain a connection for a couple.  You have to manually reconnect each couple or family together, which is time consuming.

The download information merges first and last name together, and also adds the "group head" name into the same field.  Completely lose the ability to sort info by last names, which is helpful later when assigning guests into table groups.

No ability to tag in the tool with a table assignment.

The email templates are all geared toward getting people to log-in to the App.   I creatively used two of them to provide a "thank you for your RSVP - glad you can come" and the other for "So sorry you can't join us."   We were getting questions on whether the RSVP had "worked" and these validation notes solved it.   However, once you use a template once and send it to a guest, you can't change the message and reuse.

The broadcast "chat" message is slick and fast, as we sent out a reminder the week of the wedding.  Again though, it shows up as "appy couple" and people thought it was spam.  Would have been better to show the wedding web-site name?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards