May 2014 Weddings

First dress fitting!!!

Okay so I was a little behind getting my dress ordered and it has finally come in! I'm going in today for my first fitting and I am so excited!! Of course I slept like crap last night and kept having a nightmare about my dress being way too small and looking horrible on me and absolutely hating it! Ugh wedding dreams are the worst... Still super pumped! And a friend even offered to pick my mom up and bring her to the fitting since I have to go straight from work and she doesn't currently have transportation. I was a little bummed thinking she wouldn't be able to come but now am just excited! Hopefully I won't need too many alterations because I've already gone over on our wedding budget :/

Re: First dress fitting!!!

• Good luck!! Everything will be fine. I had the same nightmare about my dress being too small but I swear designers build in extra inches...my dress was huge! That's great you mom will be there, you have a really great friend! Enjoy the whole experience :)
  • Is this the first time your mom will be seeing you in your dress? Let us know how everything goes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh I love my dress :) My mom actually went with me when I picked it but that was the store sample dress and it wasn't in nearly that great of shape... the dress fits me perfectly! I was pretty amazed actually because the sample dress was a lot bigger in the bust and I was thinking it would have to be taken in but nope! My alterations cost me $3 because I had a credit on my account from when I bought the dress (they were running a sale but my designer wasn't participating so I got 20% of the dress cost in a credit!)... Its going to be hemmed and then adding in a simple bustle. My next fitting is in 2 weeks! I can't wait to put it on again! 
  • @akopitzke I think you definitely win the prize for least expensive cost for alterations! That's great!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ummm....so im just a little hateful right now. Lol.
  • @klburke88 thanks :) I definitely am not complaining! 

The total cost was actually like $332 but because of the credit I had my total was only $2.90. Can't beat that! Honestly makes me happy that the designer didn't participate in the sale because it saved me from having to spend the extra money now. I already spent it on the dress, before our budget became tight!
  • @akopitzke - That's amazing! You're a lucky girl!

...and now I'm filled with rage. My first round of alterations cost $650 and I'm going for the second fitting tonight. We'll see what horror that brings...
  • akopitzkeakopitzke member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    @kkleigh10 oh wow, that's crazy! did you have to have major changes done? I feel so incredibly fortunate to have only needed hemming and the bustle!
  • akopitzke said:
    @kkleigh10 oh wow, that's crazy! did you have to have major changes done? I feel so incredibly fortunate to have one needed hemming and the bustle!
    No, that's what makes me so mad!! The hem had to be raised and the waist taken in several inches, but it wasn't completely reconstructing the dress by any means. Its all lace, so I'm not sure if that makes things more complicated...but still, I almost died when they said $650. I feel like its because I went to a bridal boutique and had their in-house seamstress do the work. Lesson learned!
  • I have my fitting this weekend. Just need to have a few darts added to the bust line so it sits nicer. I might have the hem raised a bit - its a tea length, but i want my purple pettycoat to show when i spin or sit - so the dress may need to be taken up an inch or so. Although if that cost is a lot more - i'll just figure out a way to lengthen the pettycoat! ;)
  • I paid $266 for the hem, bust to be taken in a bit and a bustle. I actually have an appointment tomorrow, so we will see how it all turned out. I'm so excited.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards