Wedding Party
Options

Someone who appeared on "Bridezillas"..

msuprincess04msuprincess04 member
5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
edited April 2014 in Wedding Party
... probably shouldn't be doling out advice on what it takes to be a bridesmaid on the radio. Danni Star is on the Kane Show in the mornings which broadcasts in DC and Tampa (and probably some other places, but those I know for sure.) She became a "star" because she was on Bridezilla then on another reality show for couples having problems. 

Some key points: 
- Being a bridesmaid is a "job", and taken as seriously as such
- Being a bridesmaid means committing money, time, and whatever else the bride wants to the bride
- Being a bridesmaid means being prepared to pay for a dress, shoes, accessories, showers, parties, and multiple gifts, so plan accordingly
- Being a bridesmaid is not something you can back out of. If you back out of being a bridesmaid, you also back out of being a guest and a friend. 

ETA: The conversation started because a bride called all upset that one of her friends dropped out of her wedding that is this weekend. Listeners started calling offering to stand up for her if they fit her extra bm dress. Danni thought that was a great idea. The bride said she's accepted she'll have uneven sides and can't wait to marry the man of her dreams, since that's the important part. 
"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"

Re: Someone who appeared on "Bridezillas"..

• Options
    I remember her - she was on the Bootcamp show which was a quilty pleasure of mine - it's like a super intense "where are they now" - it was priceless.  By the time that show as taping, she was way less crazy than she was in her Bridezillas episodes so I had hope for her but it sounds like she is still nuts.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love wedding shows because they are always a shitshow. I have always helped a ton in every wedding I've been in, but not because I was asked. I just like weddings and it's fun to do crafts and stuff. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Having photographed a lot of weddings, I can tell you there are lots of brides that feel this way.  Maybe they don't come on TK (or at least not more than once after the lashing they get LOL) but they've been fed this for a while.  I never watched a wedding show before I was a BM for the first time but I knew as MOH I had to throw the shower and hold the dress while she peed and go with her to whatever she expected and plan the bachelorette event to whatever she wanted and all of the other things that made me laugh hysterically at 27 dresses... oh, and mom and dad paid for the wedding and groom's parents paid for rehearsal dinner. 

I was glad to see not everyone believed that way as I got older.  We are paying for our own wedding and I don't expect anything of my BMs except to show up and wear the right color dress.. which I even offered to pay for if they needed me to. The fact is though in some places little girls grow up being told this crap and media and those around them reinforce it.  Then there is the whole guilt factor it creates for those who aren't the bride and feel like they should be doing more... or even worse... the ones who insist it is their role to "help" when the bride doesn't want it... 

Still.. I can't believe that people were calling offering to "step in" for the missing bridesmaid.  Seriously?  What is this world coming to?  Even with all that "tradition" I would never ever think it was ok to have a stranger in my wedding to fill a slot or ask to be in a strangers wedding. Weird. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards