Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Clear skin-- finally!

I have had acne for over 20 years-- seriously. I started breaking out when I was 12 and have had moderate to severe acne since then. I'm now 35. About a year ago, I started getting facials. I thought that it helped a little. I really liked the esthetician, it was something nice to do for myself and my skin did seem more clear. She recommended some dermologica products which started to clear my skin-- I use their Clearing face wash, night gel, and moisturizer. I had a REALLY bad break out in early February-- a combination of hormone and stress. In March, on my esthetician's recommendation, I got a peel.

Let me tell you, I have never been so happy with my skin in my life. I think it's a combination of the products and the peel. I loved how my skin looked and felt for weeks after the peel. I went for my monthly facial last Friday and got another peel. I had a small break out at the time because I had just gotten my period but right now, my skin is literally the clearest it has been since before puberty.

I was interviewed for a news show a few days ago and everyone who saw the piece has mentioned how beautiful I looked before commenting on the actual interview. I'm an average looking gal. I often get compliments on my wardrobe. I can't remember the last time time someone other than my fiancee told me that I looked beautiful. Six people have told me that in the past two days.

Today, someone said to me about the interview, "Your skin was glowing." I NEVER imagined that people would compliment my skin.

I just wanted to let all of you brides out there who are struggling with acne know that it is possible to feel good about your skin. I've tried to many different things over the years including prescriptions. I seem to have found some tools that are working for me right now and I couldn't be more thrilled about the timing. 10 days until the wedding!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards