Just Engaged and Proposals

Newly Engaged and New around here! Hello!

Good Morning!

I've been engaged about a month now, and have been lurking on this site for the last week so I figured it was time to say Hello!

My FI and I have had a crazy adventure of a relationship leading up to our engagement. He initially creeped on me on FB after I posted something on a mutal friends wall. Then he asked said mutual friend to set us up, which thankfully she thought was a fantastic idea and arranged for a bunch of people to meet for beer and wings. I initially thought he was very different from all the guys I had previously dated, had I finally found a legitimate nice guy???

After about a month of conflicting schedules we finally went on our first date and both knew immediately that this was something special. 2 months later we exchange I love yous (my first time ever saying it!) and another 2 months later he gets transferred to another province (yay Canada!) and we start a year and a half of dating long distance.(7 hour drive through remote northern canada to a small northern village in the middle of freaking no where to visit him!)

Finally last fall he was offered a position at a company he had wanted to work for forever, unfortunately the job was in another completely different province. This time however it was in a fairly decent sized city where I could easily find a job so I sold my house, quit my job and moved 7 hours away from my family so that we could finally be together!

And now we are engaged!

A bit about us, we're in our late 20's. 

He's a Airline Captain (Super sexy in a uniform). 

I work in payroll and admin. 

We are both super giant dorks. 

He hid the ring in a box of starwars lego.

We're getting married September 2015.

Anyhoo!! Hello!!!

Re: Newly Engaged and New around here! Hello!

• Congratulations and happy planning!
  • Welcome to TK! Congrats and happy planning!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Congrats! I LOVEEEE THE PROPOSAL! my fiancè would give your fiancè major kudos! im new here too! :) so hello!

Met my BFF | 12.2006   
    Dating my BFF | 10.25.08
    Engaged  to  him | 1.1.14
    Marrying my BFF | 5.3.15
    & Happily spending the
    rest of my days being MRS.RAJAB

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Hey! Welcome! I'm new here, too :)
    Marrying my best friend on May 1, 2015!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats and welcome! I'm fairly new here as well. :-)
  •  Congrats, fellow canuck! :)
  • Congratulations and welcome! I love the proposal! FI and I are giant dorks too... we both named our childhood dogs after fairly obscure star wars characters. Hahaha

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• CamiSelene!!

Also, great David Tennent pic, I adore Doctor Who! (Trying to actually find a Doctor Who-esque cake topper)
  • Haha, thanks @SoontobeMrsKlein. I LOVE David Tennant (even got to see him perform in the Globe Theatre while I was living in England!). FI and I adore Doctor Who. :P

What about something like this for a topper?

FI and I got our cake toppers on Etsy from a vendor that does custom orders too and they are adorable!!! I bet she could make some super awesome Doctor Who inspired ones too. We just went with generic Han and Leia ones... Here's her site.... these were ours:

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards