Michigan-Detroit

Venues

Why is it so hard to find the right venue? Have to been to several and the one I want seems like it won't happen for out side residents (grosse pointe war memorial )I want that kind I feel and budget. Almost want to just throw in the towel lol!

Re: Venues

• What are you looking for? We've all probably looked at a lot of venues and could make some suggestions.
  • I also am in love with the Grosse Pointe War Memorial and was devastated when I heard the 1 year policy for non-residents! Seems like there is too many other things depending on a date to wait that long.
  • Detroit Yaht club? Colony Club? It sounds like you are looking for something classically upscale.

• If you're looking for that "house" feel, I would suggest also looking at the Ford House in Grosse Pointe, or Addison Oaks in Rochester (?). Meadowbrook is gorgeous, but I think the wait time is ridiculous. I recall looking at Addison Oaks for our wedding, and the prices were pretty reasonable. 
  • The Ford House doesn't do weddings last I checked.  Any updates, OP?  What are you looking for in a venue?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi There,

I'm an event coordinator for The Whittier downtown Detroit. Give me a ring if you're still looking for a venue. We've just launched our event spaces and our calendar is pretty much open! 313.400.9735
  • Have you looked into Blossom Heath in Saint Clair Shores?  Beautiful, unique venue with a great history. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards