Wedding Woes
Options

Good morning :)

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited April 2014 in Wedding Woes
I left the kiddo and DefConn alone together at the house for the first time last night.  It was only for 20 min.  I had a meeting at the school and DH was on his way home.  I can't say I wasn't a little nervous and of course, DefConn freaked as I left, but everyone was none the worse for wear. :)  The kiddo may have a new 'job' soon, heh.  

Speaking of the meeting, it was for a overnight trip the band/choir/orchestra are taking to Kings Island next week (they're performing in a music festival and then going to the park).  People asked so many questions that were covered by the teachers and in the paperwork.  My neighbor and I went together and we were talking so.much.shit.  You'd think people had never let their kids out in the world...ever.  :) 

This whole relo thing is bringing DH and I closer together.  We're both excited at all the possibilites and it's fun to talk about it.  Also, I have to say that I'm kind of looking forward to having my weekends to do what I want.  We have so much family here, so we're always being pulled in all different directions to do stuff with them (which I don't mind..most of the time, but still, it can make for crazy weekends).  

Also, I need to thank you all for putting up with me about this stuff.  I appreciate it.  ::internet friend hugs:: 

Re: Good morning :)

• Options

I feel like sometimes people ask questions just to make themselves seem smarter or more concerned than other people. We have a research nurse who regularly asks questions that are already answered at site initiation visits, and when she asks them, she then makes eye contact with every person in the room and gives a snarky smile. I just stare back with a neutral face because for the love of god stop wasting everyone's time.

Today is my Friday, which is awesome because my day off last week was Monday, so this has been a long damn two weeks. Tonight is Japanese class which means it's also Starbucks night, a good night indeed. Venti soy iced green tea latte with no classic and one pump hazelnut, come to my mouth.

I have symphony tomorrow night. They're doing Beethoven. I'm mad stoked about next week's performance though because they're doing Mozart's 25th, hell to the yiss. Since I'm off tomorrow, I'll also be able to have Taco Fredag because I won't have like an hour and a half between work and symphony, yay!

This weekend, we have nothing planned. We're protesting next weekend which I'm sooooo excited about, but nothing this weekend, which is new and different.

• Options
    Yay for the kiddo watching defconn.  Son has been watching the girls for us for a while now and it's wonderful.  Most of the time DH and I are just running to the store, and obviously it's more convenient without them.  But we've gone on dates to the movies and been gone for a few hours.  He's awesome and they do listen to him.

The last couple of days have been very nice.  Our tax party dinner was delicious.  My pedicure yesterday felt awesome and everyone met up for lunch.  It was nice to see everyone again.

Today is kindergarten roundup.  DD1 is very excited to go check out her new school.
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2014
    OMG at KG round-up.  That doesn't seem possible.  

The kiddo could probably watch him more often, but we have so many options here.  They both love going to stay with the grandparents, especially the IL's since SIL goes there with her girls on the weekends.  

Oh Juche, that would annoy me so much.  These people were just overly concerned about their pwecious babies.  I mean, someone asked about what they'd do if they had to go to the bathroom on the bus.  The charter buses have bathrooms, but it's a 2 hour trip at the most.  They're 12-14 year olds.  They can pee before they leave and/or they can hold it until they get to their destination.  And then someone else was like, "What if it rains?!"  Um, what do YOU do in an amusement park if it rains?  And the food questions...Jeebus pete. I understand food allergies, but your kid should know what they can and cannot eat.  And someone brought up the fast pass conversation (if their kid can get one...They're like $80 or something).  Holy frijoles.  My neighbor and I were having a heyday with the snarky comments and eyerolls. 
  • Options
    Hehe, babysitter in training ;)

Juche, whatcha protesting next weekend? There's just so much to choose from :-/

All I got is Holy Week. Holy hell, we're gonna be busy...something church related every day until Sunday. But now I have a part time WFH schedule, so at least I won't be dealing with a commute :)
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Band trips to Kings Island are AWESOME!  We did this every year except the we performed at Universal.  I'm kind of laughing that they are worried about a 2 hr bus ride.  In hs a bunch of parents put their kids on planes to Europe.

I'm also glad the relo is having a benefit.

I'm getting ready for a party here tomorrow.  I bought Easter eggs for the kids, but nothing to put in them.  oops.

• Options
    Hehe, babysitter in training ;) Juche, whatcha protesting next weekend? There's just so much to choose from :-/ All I got is Holy Week. Holy hell, we're gonna be busy...something church related every day until Sunday. But now I have a part time WFH schedule, so at least I won't be dealing with a commute :)

Husband and I met protesting Scientology, so we're back to protesting Scientology! Our 'protest mom' recently lost her son to suicide and said that coming back to see us and protest would really lift her spirits, so we're doing it for her :D.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards