Not Engaged Yet
Options

thursday chats

good morning, all!

I'm down to 20 mg of prednisone today, hooray!

I made contact with a manager at work who used to be my boss's boss (Rh).  she got moved to a brand new project that they are starting up.  I had talked to my new boss's boss (DB) about my desire to get out and do something different under a new manager, or if they had a spot for me here where I'm at (they really don't).  anyway, Rh's response was simply that she'd keep me in mind and she'd talk to the other manager on the project (A).  clearly not the answer I wanted (I requested a meeting with her to talk about the project and if they had a spot for me over there, and also told her I was enrolled in the PMP course this fall and would like to start branching out into that area of work to accrue hours towards my credits) but I did make contact, and that was HARD for me.  I feel a bit foolish, but I would have regretted it if I hadn't at least tried.

now I'm drowning my sorrows (wah, I have to stay a programmer under a horrible manager for God knows how long without a raise or promotion or anything and I'm doing the work of two people and they won't even elevate my position to the correct level, and I can't get interviews here because everyone wonders why I'm still entry level and it reflects badly on me!!!!) in the last few drops of my somewhat stale coffee.

come chat with me and get my mind off of it!  :)

Re: thursday chats

• Options
    @CocoBellaF- I'm sorry about your position. I hope things start to change and look up soon for you.

Today is a slow day here at work so my boss has me doing clean-up on some of our contracts which is really boring and robotic. 

H and I have finally made it to season 3 of GOT. I still think it's gross but I'm actually starting to be able to clearly know who each person is instead of mixing them all up together. H loves it!

I'm mad at myself because I didn't do my pull-ups yesterday at CrossFit. I did them with a band because at the end of our workout I was exhausted and I didn't think I could pull out 20 pull-ups without some assistance. I felt so defeated that I did 20 more after the workout without the band but I still feel silly that I just didn't do that before. UGH oh well.
  • Options
    I'm sorry Coco, I was in that position recently and it stinks.

In a few minutes I'm headed to the salon to get a blowout before I go to San Antonio for a wedding. I have a feeling it's going to be a fiasco. The bride already sent out a group text reminding us to bring a gold necklace chain. The bridesmaid "gifts" are monogrammed pendants that she wants us to wear for the wedding and we have to provide our own chain. Honestly, I wish I could stay in town this weekend and do Good Friday and Easter at my church, but it's too late now. </rant>

On a brighter note, I think we found a photographer! We had to cancel our engagement photos due to some unexpected major expenses, but we found someone else who offers a package with both wedding and engagement photos in our budget, and I really like her work.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

@CocoBellaF You did the most difficult thing which is making contact and expressing a desire to move in to something new. I can't even tell you how long it took me to get FI to seriously discuss a promotion with his boss's boss. You've taken the first and hardest step and that's great! Hopefully it means if something does become available that Rh will remember your name in the back of her mind and keep you in consideration...especially if she remembers how dedicated you are to your job. Sometimes teams take advantage of people like you. I know FI's team did. They generally expect for people to put in 2 years in his former team and he put more than 4. It finally took him pushing to get promoted to move him out. I know it will work out for you eventually!

I don't have much going on right now. I'm a little annoyed that my weight is the same as last week. I've been running minimum three times per week for the past month with very little change so I think I need to start focusing on my diet more. I haven't been bad...but I could certainly do a better job. When I get home tonight I need to start cleaning our house in preparation for my family to come over Saturday night. Luckily FI has tomorrow off since Good Friday is a market holiday and he'll be able to help me out...and hopefully finally get his passport application taken care of so we can start booking our honeymoon.

• Options
    labrolabro member
    @lalalaurita Yay! I'm so glad you've found another photographer who fits more within your budget. Please AW your E-photos when you get them done!! I've seen some amazing ones lately that were shot in Piedmont Park and they were sooooooo gorgeous. Also....sounds like a totally awesome BM gift... How kind and thoughtful of her to get you a pendant (and monogrammed no less) and not provide a chain with it...

• Options

@cocobellaf I'm sorry to hear that :(

@southernpeach89 I cannot get into GOT for the life of me. FI watches it all the time, and I'm just not feeling it. Maybe if I read the books first, but I haven't been doing much reading lately!

@lalalaurita have fun in San Antonio! It was my favorite city in Texas when we were there. I'm glad you found a photographer in your budget!

@lapeanut1018 where are you guys going on your HM?

Nothing much going on here today, working until 4:30 (wahhhh), then I'm going to a day spa near my house to get a spray tan. After that, just hanging out at home and relaxing. Hell, I might have a few drinks.

Friday I'm going to clean the house and watch TV.

Saturday is our e-photo shoot, I have to meet up with the MUA at 8am, FI is going to LOVE that. After that we're running errands, getting lunch and have a few drinks. I don't know what we have planned for Saturday night, probably just TV time...

Sunday we're doing yardwork and laundry.

We're so exciting!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I'm sorry about your job @Cocobellaf, that is incredibly frustrating, and a bummer.  

I have a phone interview today for a job that I don't really want but have a feeling I will be getting.. I've been unemployed for the past few months (real estate market layoff) and I wanted to get out of the field and find something in education since that is what my degree will be for, however.. I'm not having any luck :(  I'm starting to panic, I only have 10 weeks left of unemployment and I'm panicked about not finding anything.....

My birthday is one week from today, and I have a feeling it maybe IT for a proposal.  My bf is super fiscal and I assume he will love rolling a birthday present/ring into one gift :)  My suspicions grew even more when I walked upstairs to him holding a jewelry store brochure and instantly switched over to a word document on his computer, tossed the brochure aside and said 'oh i thought this was a bill..' I haven't said a word to him about it, and I'm also trying not to get my hopes up...
  • Options
    @Livleighton- Thank you lol. My complaining is silly but I get so frustrated sometimes when I know I didn't go for my full potential.

@buddysmom80- I was not into during the first season at all, it took me a while to sit through a whole episode with H. During the second season was when I started to get into it. I love some characters and I absolutely hate others lol.
  • Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    @Livleighton, I'm sorry about your medical news.  I hope everything is okay.  

@LaPeanut1018 I feel you so much on the weight thing, though I go through bouts of eating healthy and working out and then fall super hard off of the wagon and then lose motivation and the cycle starts all over again....  I found that when I did the most running my weight refused to budge.... I figured it was because I was running too much, and not eating enough.... but I never started eating more to test my theory..instead I gave up running.. go figure.
  • Options
    FI and I combined phone plans and such last night.  Our bill is ALL messed up already :-( .  The Customer Service lady is going to call me next Thurs to get us a corrected bill (she has to wait until our billing cycle ends).  We lost our unlimited data :-( but our bill will be so much cheaper and we each have 2G (neither of us go over 1G normally).  Can't wait to get the bill all settled!

Busy busy busy day at work :( .

Anniversary
  • Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @CocoBellaF At least you're down to 20mg of pred! Has that been working for you?

@lalalaurita ... You have to provide your own gold chain? I hope the bride doesn't care what the chain length is. I only have one necklace on a gold chain, and the chain is ridiculously thin and short. Blehhh. Hope the wedding goes better than expected.

@LaPeanut1018 It might be helpful to track measurements instead of weight (or in addition to weight). You might be gaining muscle weight.

@LivLeighton I'm sorry about your medical news :(

Today is okay so far. I'm exhausted and NOT in the mood to work.

I FINALLY got approval from my insurance company to continue my medical treatments. I'm really angry at them. It took them over a week to even confirm that I didn't have approval, and another week of constant phone calls for them to fax the paperwork to my doctor. Then they told me they'd received the paperwork, but approval could take up to 15 days. THEN when my doctor called this morning to see what the hold up was, insurance claimed they never received the paperwork (even though I called every day this week and was told it was received and pending). Fortunately, my doctor provided confirmation that it had been received, the paperwork was "located" and sure enough, look at that, I'd been approved.

So the infusion center is working on getting me a time either tomorrow or Tuesday (or maybe even this evening! Fingers crossed!). I'm relieved, but also anxious. I'm 3 weeks overdue for an infusion (1 week overdue if you consider that I wanted to switch to an 8-week schedule instead of a 6-week schedule). This medication is very effective and costs me nothing out of pocket, but if I go off of it for too long, I can become resistant to it. "Too long" is ill-defined, so it might be as little as a few weeks. I won't know till I get my next couple infusions.

J is livid on my behalf. My symptoms are starting to come back, and it's impossible to tell if it's because I need an infusion and my extremely hard-won remission is over, or if my body is just super fucking cranky because I'm on a diet AND it's Passover. Ugh.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    Phira, that sounds horrible. I hope everything ends up okay for you.  
  • Options
    labrolabro member

@buddysmom80 I'm so excited to see pics from your e-photos!!! We're still making plans to go to Munich for our HM but I can't buy tickets unless FI has a passport # so plans have been kind of on hold while he gets that taken care of. It's been SUCH a process because he had to get his long form birth certificate from CA (which is a bs document by the way...it was basically a notorized photocopy of his original birth certificate on a regular sized sheet of paper...so dumb!) and tomorrow he's going to go submit his passport paperwork and get his passport photo taken at CVS or something.

@cu97tiger Thank you! :) I've been trying to mix up my runs. On Saturdays I run with a group of women and we do a long run at a slower pace so I usually push myself to go 5 or 6 miles to log the distance even if it's not at a fast pace (they normally do 8 to 10 but I'm not there yet). On the weekdays I've been pushing myself to run at a faster pace for 1 mile or 2 miles and then slow down. My BFF who is an amazing runner and ridiculously fit helps to inspire me but some days I just feel so held back by my weight. GL training for the Philadelphia marathon! That's amazing! Next year my mom and I are hoping to run a half-marathon in Savannah.

@LivLeighton Thank you :) I like how I look in my e-pictures too but I'm still 65 lbs above a healthy weight for my height. I wish weight loss wasn't so difficult but I guess if it wasn't then we wouldn't feel so good about ourselves when we actually achieve it. I'm sorry you didn't get good news from your doctor. :(

• Options
    edited April 2014
    @CocobellaF, I'm sorry to hear about your job. At least you reached out and made contact.

@LivLeighton, I'm sorry to hear about your medical news.

@TwoDimes, where is your new cell plan through? If it's at Verizon, did you have to wait until a contract was up?

Today is my Friday, thank goodness because I'm not sure I could take another day of this crap this week. Tonight I don't have any real plans - maybe start cleaning and packing? Tomorrow we're going to work on my place, cleaning everything in sight and packing what I won't need right now so it's ready for moving day.

Saturday we're going to FI's place to start the same thing. Most likely we'll end up just cleaning as much as possible and throwing out the things he said he would before we move. We had a big fight last night because he hasn't been following through on things he needs to (getting his cat used to Soft Paws, cleaning his place to get the cat smell out of it, cleaning out his backpack of the ~20 lbs of extra weight, etc.). I've hit the point where I'm just frustrated and I'm wondering if it's not just worth doing it myself, but then why should I have to?

Sunday we have Easter at my parents' place. There's a chance that one of my uncles will be joining us, but I'm not sure. For sure it will be my parents, my brother and his GF, and FI and me.

Monday I have to work. This week took away that potential day off.
  • Options
    @CocoBellaF - I'm sorry you didn't get the response you wanted (and deserve!) but it was definitely a huge step in reaching out at all so kudos to you! 

@southernpeach89 - Anyone that can do so much as 1 pull-up is a bad ass in my book!

@lalalaurita - That bride sounds... sweet. Want to share the photographer with us? I love looking at pics! 

@LaPeanut1018 - The scale is frustrating. I had 2 doctor's appointments yesterday and weighed 2 lbs less on the 2nd doctor's scale after eating all day. I think it's great that you're running so much as it is. As someone who's a total couch potato, I find it really impressive!

@LivLeighton - ALL THE HUGS! 

@buddysmom80 - I am SO SO SO excited for your epics! I think when you get home tonight you need to do a fashion show with your outfits and send us pics :) 

@BreMR - Good luck on the interview! I'm sorry you haven't found anything in the field you want, though. 

@cu97tiger - Count me in as a cheerleader in November! 

@Dignity100 - What company do you have? I almost cried when I had to give up my unlimited data :(

• Options
    thanks everyone!  I am really proud/glad that I did reach out and make contact.  who knows, it might just not be the right opportunity/time and something better will happen soon.  either way, I'm going to continue looking for something and take the PMP class this fall and any other training I can get at work.  and hope and pray that this project DOES work out and I get to move at the end of April or sometime in May. 

@cu97tiger - GL with the marathon!

@LivLeighton - big hugs from me and my monster-pups to you!

I am still trying to get caught up on all these posts!  I got to talking with someone and lost track of time and came back to like 100000 posts to catch up on.  :)
  • Options
    My eye is almost back to normal which makes me happy! I ate the shit out of some pizza last night. H and I devoured a large pepperoni and I'm pretty sure I had one more slice than he had. I have a "half" day today (6:30-2 instead of 6:30-4/5) and I can't wait to go home and get on the couch with my pupperoni!

My parents are coming to visit on Saturday so I need to spend my day off tomorrow cleaning the apartment and arranging my basement. They're renovating at their house soon and need to store a bunch of bins with my childhood stuff at my place. I'm so excited to look through it all! I predict I find all of my old VHS tapes (weren't we just talking about those?), cassette tapes, Teddy Ruxpin, and, of course, Barbies. I will need to hide the Barbies whose heads I shaved from H so he doesn't think I'm a psycho. 

• Options

@cu97tiger count me in as a cheerleader! I've never been to Philly other than driving through, so I'm down for a visit!

@livleighton, sending you hugs <3

@lapeanut1018 I'm with you on the whole weight loss thing. I've been losing weight, but it's not enough (it's NEVER enough for me), I agree with @phira, go by measurements or how your clothes fit or whatever. For me, if my back fat lines start getting smaller, I'm making progress. I'm doing a workout DVD now that's cardio plus weights and ab work and I like it, I think I'm going to need heavier weights. Last week I only lost 1.2 lbs BUT it was right before my period and it was the first time in years I lost weight and didn't gain like 5 lbs before my period, so progress I guess?

Also I'm so jealous of your HM! My dad's favorite place to visit was Germany when he did business in Europe. Next year FI and I might go for a week to check it out.

@dignity100 I had to go on FI's plan (Verizon) since it was cheaper than having seperate accounts. I had Sprint for years and wasn't crazy to switch, but I don't use as much data as I think I did. We get 4GB's a month, and we rarely go over 2.

@swazzle I will try to get a fashion show in! I keep reminding FI and we get side-tracked with other stuff.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    @buddysmom80 If you guys decide to go let me know! I'll definitely share all the details of our HM with you - hates/loves/avoids/must-do's/etc. My mom and dad have already given us a lot of great ideas to start with! We lived in Germany for three years when I was really young and my dad did two military tours there so they've already given us a great list of definitely go here, it's not worth it to go there on your time frame, etc. I'm sure your dad could provide a lot of the same info. too but it's always fun to share. :)

• Options

@cocobellaF sorry to hear about the job stuff.

Today is my Friday!!! I'm also leaving early so FI & I can make it to my niece's roller skating birthday party.  I have zero motivation to do anything and of course a lot of work to do today.  I have a very very small family and my aunt called me last night to say she thought my wedding was the week before (despite getting a STD) and scheduled a vacation and can't make it.  She was really upset so I let it go. I'm a bit bummed especially because my family is so small.  I will probably have one table of family that will consist of my parents and siblings.  Oh well.    I'm excited a lot of FI's family who lives further away are making it out for the wedding though.  

Tomorrow morning FI & I have to get our marriage license stuff done and then I have to run to the florst and drop off the vases.  The rest of the day I'll be cleaning the house and getting caught up on some house stuff.  I have jelly beans at my desk I hope that makes the day go by faster

Anniversary

• Options
    Dang, you're right, @TwoDimes. @dignity100, cell question above - do you go through Verizon and did you have to wait for one contract or the other to expire?
  • Options
    @phira - the prednisone has been better than the methylprednisolone I was on with antibiotics.  it's actually suppressed my appetite and I've lost some weight (in pounds).  it does give me insomnia, but Benadryl at night helps.  when I was on 40 mg I always had an awful taste in my mouth, but it's been better since I was on 30 mg and now 20 mg.  it hasn't been that bad at all, really.  I'm very, very glad.  thanks!
  • Options

@CocoBellaF I hear you on the job stuff. I've told my boss several times that I would love to help with any projects that come up, but projects keep getting axed. Feels like I will never get to start accumulating hours for the PMP!

@LivLeighton and @phira I'm sorry to hear about the health and insurance issues :( I hope everything gets worked out!

@ all the ladies who are running/actually working out: I need to use you as motivation. I have been super lazy for the last few months and have barely been to the gym. I know that I eat well about 90% of the time, but I really need to exercise more.

@BreMR good luck on the interview! Even if it's not what you really want would it be a "good enough for now" sort of job? Also, I hope you get a very pretty birthday present (!!!)

I am not motivated to work today AT ALL. This week has been a bit of a shit show thanks to our management team making some ridiculous decisions without really thinking them through and I am just done with work.

BF and I are all over the place this weekend, shuttling back and forth between our places. Church tomorrow and Sunday, family lunch on his side tomorrow, lunch with my parents on Sunday (I think?), and a few things we need/want to get done on Saturday. It's a 3 day weekend and somehow there is hardly any down time!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @KeptInStitches - My contract has been up for a few months; FI's contract has just ended.  We had wanted to get the S5's (buy 1 get 1 free until 4/20).  I'm sure you could call in and ask their "fabulous" <sarcastic eye roll> customer support.  I was totally not impressed with their customer service!

Person1
    I called in to ask a question about combining accounts - the lady on the phone told me I'd HAVE to call another number even if I was in the store for some liability thing (giving my phone # to FI).  She was rather forceful in trying to get me to just sign my number over and I was like 'wait a second lady, I want to talk plans and explore ALL my options, I'm not 100% sure I want to switch to his account'.

Person2 (in store)
    Told us about the different plan options.  He also went on to tell us that for one of the plan options (the best one for us) we HAD to spend $90 in accessories to get that plan.  We decided we wanted to think it over.

Person3A (in store - registration lady)
    Told us there were 8 people in front of us and it would be about an hour wait.  We decided to go get a subs from the sub shop right next door and go back.  When we got back she SCOLDED us like little kids for leaving because 'your name was called, and you weren't here' - so what we took a risk.  You told us 1 hour and we decided to go get a sub and come back and we were gone for 30 minutes.  After the initial 'scolding' she came back and yelled at us again for leaving saying she was trying to find somebody to help us - we had already told her just put us back on the list we would wait around.  Then she kept bugging our sales rep while we were checking out about her day and how she had to take her lunch 2 1/2 hours later than she wanted to . . .

Person3B (in store)
    Told us Person 2 lied about the $90 accessories and that's just what they are told to sell per sale!!  He didn't mention that we would not be 'back dated' for our contract so we got home and were mad that we were over the 'pro-rated .258Gb' because we couldn't be back dated.

Person4 (online chat)
    He was more concerned that all of our information was correct instead of actually fixing the bill - which he was not able to do anyway. He said 'contact Customer Care' and I had to BEG him for the phone # to customer care.

Person5 (customer care)
    Only person I liked. . . so far.  We will see.

Anniversary
  • Options
    @CocoBellaF - yay for getting down on the prednisone!  Maybe something good will come of your talk, you never know.  Fingers crossed for you!!

@Southernpeach89 - GOT is on FI & my watch list, we bought all of them in a Black Friday sale... just haven't had time to watch it.

@lalalaurita - I would not be happy with the bride, I don't even think I have a gold chain!  YAY for finding a new photographer!!

@LaPeanut1018 - Hopefully if you've been running more it's just muscles retaining water.

@LivLeighton - <HUGS>

@Buddysmom80 - I have to work until 5:30 or 6:00 today (maybe later).  I'm normally out of here at 4:00; I feel your pain.  YAY for your photo shoot!!!!  I hope it all goes well and I'm sure you guys will look amazing!

@BreMR - Good luck on your interview - is it a large enough company where there might be something else you want?

@Cu97tiger - I'm completely unmotivated at the moment myself.  I think it's just the stress and my brain saying 'nope - no more!'.  Good luck on marathon training (and thanks for the reminder, I gotta get my butt back on the bike, signed up for a 75 mile ride with the intention of doing the 100-miles instead).

@phira - So glad the insurance company came through for you!  Boo on the part that you have to go through all the medical stuff (both treatment and political stuff).

@KeptInStitches - Super jealous you have tomorrow off!!

@Swazzle - Verizon.  I'm ok with giving it up I guess, I mean the bill is a lot cheaper.  Glad your eye is almost normal again!!  And your H already married you - I'm sure he already knows about your mental state without having to find out from shaved barbies ;-)

@Peaseblossom55 - Also jealous of your day off tomorrow!  YAY for marriage license stuff!!

Anniversary
  • Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    Thanks everyone for the kind words about the interview! It is definitely a 'good enough for now' job.. When I weigh the pros and cons of not finding something else VS it not being the job I really want, I'd much rather take a job I am not in love with than stress about depleting my savings account to survive...

@Dignity100 what you went through is exactly why I have stuck with a company I hate for so long.. it just seems to be the standard for cell phone companies everywhere. Agh.

• Options

@LivLeighton - Huge hugs to you.  I'm sorry.

@Swazzle - Glad the eye is getting better!

@Cu97Tiger - Good luck with the marathon!

@Southernpach89 - I can't do any pull ups.  I couldn't do them when I was 10, 20, 30....nope, just nope.

@BreMR - Fingers crossed but don't get your hopes up.  It could his attempt to disguise his purchase of a pony for you.  :)  Happy early Birthday!

I'm excited H and the dog are coming to visit me tonight (I'm living about 2 hours away from them now due to our house not selling, my new job and H's current job).  I haven't slept well away from him AT ALL (waking up every few hours).  So looking forward to tonight!

• Options
    Important lesson of today: tubing benders designed for copper are not designed for stainless steel.

Carry on.
  • Options
    UHG - what did I just agree to???  I have to go to work at 6AM.  I was thinking 'no big deal - I can leave early - YAY!' but then I remembered... that I put in an order to the local bakery for Easter Pies and they won't arrive at the office until 2-3 (I was hoping to leave no later than 1). . . oh well at least they pay me overtime.

3rd day of calling into Disney's Yachtsman Steakhouse waiting for somebody to call me back so I can make my reservations for my 'reception'.  I might just end up picking a different restaurant.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards